I guess I need a Mercury Mechanic

GAHUNTER60

Had to come home on trolling motor today. My old Mercury 40 hp (1995) decided that it did not want to start after I got to my first Lanier spot spot. I should have known better, because I liked to have run the battery down getting it cranked at the ramp. When I took the cowling off, gas was pooled in the bottom of the block, with a steady drip coming off the bottom to the carburetor. Hopefully all it needs is a carburetor kit.

Anybody know a good, cheap (oxymoron) outboard mechanic in the Lake Lanier area? I used to use Ed Pass on Buford Dam Road, but they are now out of business.

Shade tree guy is fine with me (if he knows his stuff).

GAHUNTER60

That would be correct. Old man Pass had passed the business on to his son and grandson. The final straw was the County made them stop storing customer boats in the yard.

I bought my current motor from them about 15 years ago.

littlejon

That would be correct. Old man Pass had passed the business on to his son and grandson. The final straw was the County made them stop storing customer boats in the yard.

I bought my current motor from them about 15 years ago.

Thanks for the memories. I had Mr Pass fix a motor for me many years ago. I knocked on his door and Mrs Pass sent me through the maze of boats and bushes to his shop on his property. He fixed me up and he was a true shade tree mechanic, good guy.
Years went by and I stopped by for some more work and she told me he had passed. Sent me across the street to the son and had to go through a maze of boats to get to his shop. Walked into the shop and another maze of motors and parts to reach two gentleman sitting eating lunch with their dog by their side.
I know drive by a few times a week and see everything has been cleaned up around Mr Pass house and think how things how changed on and around Lanier. :flag: