Georgia Vets

easbell

I need to compile a list of vets in Georgia that you would take a bird dog to. This is for a Georgia bird dog website that I am building. It will be a resource for dog owners throughout the state or visiting the state.

Please post any vet that you have had a good experience with. Their name, location and phone number if you have it. If not I will look it up.

Thanks

maker4life

Cairo Animal Hospital 229-377-1803

Located pretty much right in the middle of the states best public land quail hunting . I don't know if I've ever been in when there wasn't another bird dog there and one of the vets there , Dr. Dileo , is Fred Dileo's widow . If that name means anything to you you'll know she's been around a bird dog or two .

Call them on the weekends and you can be assured you'll get a hold of one of them at anytime .

JuliaH

In central GA... check out Barnesville Animal Clinic. The owner loves hunting dogs, has had some real nice labs.

We have 4 vets now, all of them really good! No website yet, but they are coming to Facebook soon :)

These are the doctors who take care of my GSPs and Brittanys.

Julia

Barrow Veternary Hospital Winder, Ga 7708676134
He use to take care of my coonhounds when i hunted them and is now my vet for my Gsp's

kfoskey

Smalley's Animal Hospital in Dublin, GA. 478-272-2933 Dr. Jim Hobby has a great staff of four vets there. Always very helpful and friendly. Easy to work with, too.

waterdogs

I have used Winterville Vet in the past when I lived in Athens. Great vet, now I live in Commerce and use SHANNONS VET SERVICE in Jefferson Ga. great vet as well.

rvick

Dr. Danny Culbreth at Thomasville Animal Hospital. Thomasville, Ga.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Animal General Hospital
3576 Macon Rd.
Columbus,GA 31906
(706)568-4848

Dr.Morrow has been around in the columbus area for years now taking care of all the hunting dogs.He takes care of Mr.Hardaway hounds out at Midland Foxhound kennels and Dr.Hughstons French and English Bassets and some of the Plantations around here where they train bird dogs.Just about all the hunters in this area use him.

Last edited:
Paul May in Vidalia is a GSP person, and bird hunter, and a very nice person.

May, Paul DVM - Vidalia Veterinary Clinic

* (912) 537-1069

303 W 1st St, Vidalia, GA 30474

SouthernBeagles

Bullard Animal Hospital
Dr. Gary Bullard.
Austell Ga
770-941-3668.
I drive 65 miles to get to this guy passing who knows how many other vets along the way.

brownceluse

Gwinnett Animal Clinic in Lawrenceville. Dr. Wallace is awsome. Douglas Oaks Animal Hospital in Douglasville too. My uncle started that and retired about a year ago.

Buck Nasty

Greenwood, Kenneth M - Northlake Veterinary Surgery
(404) 292-3281
935 Montreal Rd, Clarkston, GA 30021

http://www.nvsatlanta.com/

Can be pricey but GREAT!!

Just note that you usually have to have a referral to see him and is usually used for major issues.

Last edited:

SouthernBeagles

Did not know he was still around. He went coon hunting with us back in the early 80's.Good vet.
Been trying to get him to go rabbit hunting with me for years but he is skeered to :rofl:
Seriously though he is still around and still affordable and knows hunting breeds and the coodies they get exposed to like no city vet can come close. Don't misunderstand, he knows the foo foo dogs too but Bullard has saved me $$$$$$$ over the years because he gets it right the first time.

sljones

Ocmulgee Veterinary Clinic, 43 Hemphill Blv, Eastman GA 30123 478-374-2999. Dr Jim Rahn.

Dr Rahn & his staff are wonderful.