Throttle Cable

I've been working on my recon. I had to change out the carburetor....now the throttle cable doesn't fit. I ordered a new one.

Question: I know how the throttle cable attaches into the carburetor. Does anybody have any good advice as to how the cable attaches up top?

thanks.

chadf

Put it back in, the way the old one was taken out.

rjcruiser

I haven't removed the old one from the thumb trigger yet. That's what I am inquiring about. Any thing I need to look for?

You shouldn't. Should just be a simple metal/plastic hook that fits into the top of the carb one way then has a screw that clamps down to keep it there.

1gr8bldr

I haven't removed the old one from the thumb trigger yet. That's what I am inquiring about. Any thing I need to look for?
Should be some "free play" adjustment at the cable ends. It would be easier if you adjust as much free play as possible before you remove and install

I got it going. The throttle cable was a royal pain in the butt. I never dreamed the throttle cable adjustment could make that big of a difference on how the 4 wheeler ran. You would've thought it was on its death bed. Now.....it runs like a kitten.