Perdido Key

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
My uncles went in and bought a place down there, on the water with a slip out the back door. Anybody fish down there? Looks like a great area for inshore. Thinking about heading down middle of October for a few days with the he bay boat. Would love some insight and input.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I have been inshore fishing down there a bunch. But only with a Florida license. The Ono River and the Back River (intercoastal) are split between Georgia and Alabama Waters.
Study the lines carefully. Which license will you have?
I can get back to you about some Florida stuff but I am headed out of touch for the next two or three hours.
I think Google map shows the state lines pretty well.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Florida license. Thanks man

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'll p.m. tomorrow sometime. I've got my hands full tonight and the doctor's appointment at 9 a.m. in the morning.

rip18

I have been inshore fishing down there a bunch. But only with a Florida license. The Ono River and the Back River (intercoastal) are split between Georgia and Alabama Waters.
Study the lines carefully. Which license will you have?
I can get back to you about some Florida stuff but I am headed out of touch for the next two or three hours.
I think Google map shows the state lines pretty well.

Florida & Alabama waters...and that line gets squiggly in a few places...

Limitless

Great to have a place and a dock out back, you're gonna love it. I havent really fished the inshore, so cant offer advice there. But, the offshore is off the chain. Alabama probably has the largest number of artificial reefs and hard bottom areas per miles of shoreline of any state. And with your bayboat there are so many summer days of flat calm that you should be very comfortable getting out there. B-liners, Mangroves, Triggers, Red Snapper, Cobia, Kings and Grouper - all less than 10 miles out.

To your real question though, do a trip with a guide to-learn basic areas, tides, baits, etc. It'll be money well spent.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I fish the bay between Innerarity and Ono a couple times a year and always do pretty well. Granted I am in my kayak, so in a boat and being able to cover more water you should do great!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
It's on Innerarity point Rd. Looks like a jam up spot

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
1eye....thanks much for the intel. Much appreciated