toilets leak when running washing machine

calibob1

COMMIE LOVER TROLL
Call your septic provider,city or whoever. They should have a cleanout at your property line, could be their problem

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
If it is root blockage, then you have a break or at least small way for roots to get in. copper sulfate at least once a year will help keep them out.

rospaw

Rent a tape/machine from Home depot for about 30-40 bucks and do it yourself. If your needing to watch your dollars or like me and like to do things yourself rent it and do it. Not a hard process.
Most plumbers in my area get $200 plus to snake short runs.

Lukikus2

Call your septic provider,city or whoever. They should have a cleanout at your property line, could be their problem

That's why I was asking about septic tank. You own that problem. If the stoppage is on the county/city side, they own it.

bjorns4

No I own this one. I am going to try to rent a snake and fix it. It’s starting to back up into the showers now. I had a plumber scheduled to come out tomorrow but after watching YouTube it doesn’t seem to difficult

Lukikus2

Let us know how it goes. Sometimes getting the snake in is the easy part. Getting it back out can pose a problem sometimes. If y'all are flushing wipes, don't do it.

WayneB

Go to the cleanout outside, near the septic tank and remove the cover. If wastewater gushes out, your septic tank is full.
We've had to have ours pumped about twice a year for the past 2 years due to high groundwater.
May not be a blockage, may just be a full tank and groundwater preventing percolation as fast as you'd like.

rospaw

No I own this one. I am going to try to rent a snake and fix it. It’s starting to back up into the showers now. I had a plumber scheduled to come out tomorrow but after watching YouTube it doesn’t seem to difficult

Good for you!
Run the snake and take note of when you think you hit something. Pull it and try i get a ruff measurement just in case it's a root issue or something solid. Then you know where to dig. :eek:
Also when you hit something pull it up and see what it hooked. The will give you more info on the cause of the problem and maybe how to prevent it.
When renting see if they have a set of newer cutters for the end of the snake.
Even after it clears run it farther in so to clear other issues. After it starts clearing, as much water as you can to wash it out while you are running the tape.
Good luck and you couldn't have picked a nicer day to do it....... THE COLDEST OF THE YEAR (1/1/2018) ! :rofl::rofl:
Keep use posted on cost, difficulty, time ect.