Concept z

toyota4x4h

I was actually looking at reviews last night. I have some gift cards from Christmas thought I might try one.

spencer12

I have several 13 fishing reels and they are by far my favorites I plan to get the concept z. 13 reels are silky smooth and are light reels. I like them.

Be warned, the casting on this reel is great. Casts a mile, you can run 200 feet casts if you're really chucking on a large rod. The problem after handling them is the spool has movement forward and back, and there's play in the handle between the star drag and the actual knobs. On a two hundred dollar retail reel you'd expect significantly more refinement than what's offer. The other problem I have is it makes a whining noise and I'm not sure if that's the difference between the copolymer bearings and the ball bearings but it's really annoying.

CDW

Yeah I’ve seen some reviews talking about the play in the handle, but according to some, that can be corrected with an adjustment. Does the whining noise come on the cast or retrieve? Would you recommend this reel despite these issues?

I have a tough time saying no dont buy this reel depending on your budget. But from japanese websites like japanlureshop you can get a shimano metanium mgl for 290 plus shipping. If youve got a 300 dollar budget,dont buy the Z. If you have a 200 dollar budget its a coinflip for me between the z and the curado 70. The curado is a more finished product with less flaws. While the Z has better drag and further casting. The noise on the reel is on the retreive makingme think its either the copolymer bearings or the drag itself.

TripleXBullies

Cool. I considered the chronarch too for like $80 more. I don't like the button on the Chronarch... It feels too much like the button on a 200i... which I had and didn't like.