Walmart - Again

vince

Nothing about what the previous threads were about.
My wife has worked for walmart here in waynesboro for 7 years and said that they (walmart) has lost its mind.
Thats they were told today that after December 15th. that they(walmart) will no longer do LAYAWAYS.
Seems like since Sam Walton died the company don't care about us the customers.

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

They're probably gonna lose some business over that bad decision.:huh:

Robk

according to the news reports on the AP Wire they are already losing alot of money by continuing to do them.

I don't think that they will lose any money on the deal.

I used to work for a company that offered layaways and they were more of a hassle then they were worth as a percentage of business. A large chunk of layaways are never paid off and that creates its own issues.

R

GeauxLSU

RETURN ON SALES. Net earnings divided by Net Sales. If the item or practice doesn't increase that number, it's gone. Layaways definitely is not a profitable practice for a store like Wal-Mart. Low margin, high volume. Any and all costs they can cut, they will. They are however quickly approaching not being able to see the forest for the trees.
A few more pennies on English speaking employees who give two shakes would probably do more to boost their bottom line they could imagine.

jason4445

Layaways

That is probably the best , several years ago my wife put some Christmas things on layaway in early November, and we paid them off and she went to get them a week before Christmas. By the time they got to her and found her stuff it took over two hours. Thirty something people getting lay aways out and had two employees working layaways.

Nugefan

A few more pennies on English speaking employees who give two shakes would probably do more to boost their bottom line they could imagine.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Pretty much. Putting gun sales back in their stores and dumping advocacy for "alternative lifestyles" would bring me back.

DYI hunting

I know there are plenty of lower income folks that can't manage money for squat. The only way their kids get a good Christmas is if they have a layaway.

Plus there are plenty of people out there with no way to hide all the stuff they are going to get. It will be a pain for those people too.

I don't use layaways. Too much hassle, plus I like the enjoyment of shopping for everything the day before Chirstmas.

Ya'll know what we need? A decent alternative to Walmart that employees only English speaking Americans and only carries good that are American made.

GeauxLSU

Pretty much. Putting gun sales back in their stores and dumping advocacy for "alternative lifestyles" would bring me back.
I wish Wal-Mart had the same customer base as Ford. Unfortunately they don't. I doubt the Hispanic community gives a flip about Wal-Marts politics or the fact they've walked away from the outdoorsman. They will survive, I just hope they notice AN impact and recant. But I'm not counting on it.

JH300

My wife works there your right.Wal-Mart will go under,I also heard that the tires,lube,and express is also going to be stopped.Good Luck,Wal-Mart!

EnglishRedNeck

Geaux..
Don't count on it my friend.
We are a political hot potato. Sports Authority stopped selling handguns, then all guns. Gallyans/Dick's stopped selling handguns and I believe they will soon get rid of all guns, Wal mart- see above...It is a pattern. The left can't beat us on guns in the house but they can make it politically incorrect to sell them. If you can't cut out the source with frivolous lawsuits against manufacturers you can cut off the supply at the outlet by leaning on the retailers and making it embarrassing politically to sell them..

Wal Mart could survive just fine if another gringo never stepped through the doors.
Last few times I went there it was like disneyland for illegal mexicans.
I hate the place anyway.

GeauxLSU

Believe me, I'm not.
We are saying the exact same thing.
I admit though, not having been able to take a vacation across the pond for many years now, it is sort of fun to go to Wal-Mart. Where else can you see a 'customer no service' rep from the eastern block, TRY to assist a 'needed seasonal worker' customer from near the equator, in finding the Vidalia onions an bbq sauce? It's more entertaining (and informative) than sitting on the steps of the U.N. I'm sure.
Geaux..
Don't count on it my friend.
We are a political hot potato. Sports Authority stopped selling handguns, then all guns. Gallyans/Dick's stopped selling handguns and I believe they will soon get rid of all guns, Wal mart- see above...It is a pattern. The left can't beat us on guns in the house but they can make it politically incorrect to sell them. If you can't cut out the source with frivolous lawsuits against manufacturers you can cut off the supply at the outlet by leaning on the retailers and making it embarrassing politically to sell them..

Wal Mart could survive just fine if another gringo never stepped through the doors.
Last few times I went there it was like disneyland for illegal mexicans.
I hate the place anyway.

contender*

Walmart is junk! Not only have they "bent over" for the "alternate folks" but they have spit upon the very people that made them what they are today. We CAN hurt them if we all band together but divided we can do nothing but sit back and watch them spit!:mad:

MoeBirds

:type: If they "eliminate the oil and lube businesses" I know some folks in local Automotive Repair who nearly went under when Walmart took customers away in small towns who might be glad to hear that bit of news.

...As far as guns not being in Walmarts, that must be in larger cities cause they're still in every one I've set foot in the past 3 years:huh: ?!

What money they'll lose or wont lose on Layaways will be recouped every hunting season by ..uh..so-called hunters buying pallets of deer corn.:rolleyes:

GeauxLSU

...As far as guns not being in Walmarts, that must be in larger cities cause they're still in every one I've set foot in the past 3 years:huh: ?!
It is B2R,
I've got 3 Walmarts within 4 miles of me. 2 of the 3 no longer have firearms. The only remaining one tha does, 'barely' has them. The are cutting way way back on their hunting/firearm related items. :(

DaGris

Banned
Wal mart lose money?.....I dont think so. The one here in Thomson is packed all the time

Lostoutlaw

Wal-mart is stoping all Christmas layaways at Dec. 5 cause of Just TOO much a risk to loose money HA! HA! what a laugh.
as far as the Guns go the newer Wal-marts are not gonna have to put guns in and yes they still have them everywhere.

T-N-T

I enjoy Walmart because they have beer and deer corn and boolits all in one stop.
Makes a good weekend if you ax me.

specialk

I like family dollar....u dont have to get all dressed up like you do going to walmart