Fixed blades hitting high??

Sundays Money

Decided I would buy some fixed blades and see what they would do. Bow is nitruim 30 29" draw and 68lbs QAD rest

Grim reapers shoot good from the bow, bit I have now tried two different brands of fixed blades and they are high. I have moved the rest trying to tune it but just can't seem to get the fixed blades and field tips to hit the same.
About 4" high

Kris87

Do you have access to a draw board? Its very likely the bottom cam sync is ahead of the top, meaning the draw peg is hitting the buss cable before the stop on the top cam is hitting the control cable. Don't know if this is a new bow to you, or new this year, but after strings/cables shoot in on a Hoyt, the buss stretches some, and it will cause this. When that happens, you get tail low flight out of the bow....which will cause your broadheads to hit high.

Tail low flight should be easy to remedy. If its not the cam sync, then its likely to be rest height/d loop height.

Let me know how I can help.

Sundays Money

I put it on my homemade board today
Here r some pics the bttm cam is a tick ahead of the top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 846
  • 0ACC9DDB-AC3E-4AC4-BA4F-F4EB117DFEAA.jpg
    0ACC9DDB-AC3E-4AC4-BA4F-F4EB117DFEAA.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 791
  • 57DC91EF-F5BB-4B92-914E-CDE42A926ADB.jpg
    57DC91EF-F5BB-4B92-914E-CDE42A926ADB.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 809

Kris87

Yeah, that's not good. You need to fix that. Put one full twist in the buss or take at least 1-2 out of the control cable. That will make your heads hit high. Might need to move rest down a hair too. One step at a time though.

Kris87

Back wall will firm up too. When the bottom cam is ahead of the top, the wall will feel mushy. Let me know.