Five Guys

naildrvr

Anybody eat there? Me and the family stopped in today for lunch and saw that a regular hamburger with no drink or sides was $7.39!!!
I bout told the guy what he could do with that hamburger. Then I realized that he just takes up space there and doesn't set prices. Needless to say, we didn't eat there. I guess that's why me and the big city life don't get along. It cost way too much for me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never ate there. But, if I'm gonna spend $8 for a burger, it's gonna be at Fuddruckers.

centerpin fan

I eat there occasionally. They're good burgers, and a regular order of fries will feed a small army.

ryanh487

They're pretty good, but really greasy.

Burger21 has an awesome burger with a lot of options, but they're not cheap either.

Cheeseburger bobby's is also good, and also not cheap.

Now that McDonalds and the other "cheap" places get away with selling a nasty burger combo for $8, it's easy for walk in places with real burgers to charge upwards of $10. They are pretty darn good though.

joey1919

I eat there occasionally. They're good burgers, and a regular order of fries will feed a small army.

Yep, we've eaten there a couple times, two burgers and one order of fries to split. Good fries and burgers, just a little high

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Yep. $8 for a medium #1 at Mickey D's or Booger Kang v. $11 for a Five Guys double with everything is no contest.

B

BornNRaised

Five guys is worth it.

This is a 6 dollar Extreme bacon BLT from arbys.

You decide!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170913-162214.jpg
    Screenshot_20170913-162214.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 656

naildrvr

I'm not doubting the quality of their food, I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a burger and then pay more for fries and drink. After all, there are 5 of us. If I do pay that much, it should be a ribeye sandwich. And I don't eat anything from McDonald's or Booger Kang. Those are the most disgusting places imo, and I sure don't let my kids eat there.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Probably about two large orders of fries would feed me with a big burger. I can eat a dishpan full of fried taters. My main gripe with most burger places is not enough fries.

If I stop at Wendy's (the absolute best fast-food burger joint,) the combo I get is usually about $10.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I can eat a dishpan full of fried taters.

That's the small order of fries at Five Guys. The large order is about half a grocery sack.:bounce:

Bream Pole

The small five guys loaded is I think is just under $5 or was last time I ate there which has been over a year. The fries are great and a small order would easily feed two adults. Two small orders would have covered all of you. The small burger is a lot more burger than those fast food joints and all the larger one is same burger just two patties rather than 1. I tried Wendys and it was literally not edible. Arbys has two great turkey sandwiches.

Best hamburger I have ever had is the old (50's-60's) Dairy Queen Brazier burger. Now I was a college student and might not be as good as I remember but you could smell them cooking blocks away like the old bbq places that used pits.

naildrvr

DQ and Wendy's has the best fast food burgers in my opinion. Just got sticker shock when I saw those prices at 5 guys.

We used to eat there a lot, but then the burgers started to cost more and we also thought they got smaller too. That was maybe a couple years ago. We haven't been for a while but when we did go they were very tasty.

Dr. Strangelove

I won't eat at 5 Guys unless someone else is picking up the tab. The first and last time I ate there burger, fries and a drink were $13 and some change. Now, it was a good burger and came with pretty much a bushel of fries, but that's just too much for a weekday lunch.

The Varsity has gotten the same way. Here in Athens the #2 combo (chili dog, chili cheeseburger, fries and a drink) is up to $10.59 nowadays. Maybe I'm just getting cheap in middle age, but nope, it's just not worth that.

BeerThirty

Never understood the craze with Five Guys. Yes, it is a good burger, but it's nothing spectacular. If you want something good, try Freddie's (steak burgers) or Culver's (butter burgers) is the way to go.

Last edited: