Trout bite

perryrip

Another good day bank fishing for trout.
Matrix shad magneto and holey joley colors were deadly. Trout tricks in redbone color fished on a ned head jig was also very effective.

Attachments

• TroutDec14.jpg
    TroutDec14.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,466

Scallen2112

Nice catch! Looks like fish sammiches to me!

Did you find them up shallow, or have the gone down to deeper water with the cold snap?

perryrip

Scallen,
I was jigging subject lures off of the bottom in a 10 foot hole. All hits came at least in the 6' to 9' depth range. Went back to the same hole today and caught another 14 keepers. Pic shows 8 but I gave 6 away.

Attachments

• FishpicDec14.jpg
    FishpicDec14.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,365

Bream Pole

Good deal! If you can find a hole where you can bank fish with artificials and not have to fool with a boat you are ahead of the game. At least I think that way now that I am 75

Scallen2112

Scallen,
I was jigging subject lures off of the bottom in a 10 foot hole. All hits came at least in the 6' to 9' depth range. Went back to the same hole today and caught another 14 keepers. Pic shows 8 but I gave 6 away.

Thanks for sharing this info, Perryrip. I've been skunking bad lately, though I have marked a lot of arches in some deeper holes, and I'm getting a little frustrated about it. I think I'm still fishing too shallow.

perryrip

Scallen2112,
Have you tried the matrix shad baits and trout tricks baits? If not, I highly recommend giving them a try. The colors I mention work well in clear water. I go with darker colors if the water is stained. Go to the matrix shad website and watch how they fish them. They work. Trout tricks are fished with more finesse and less popping action.