They were biting

TripleXBullies

They were biting really well on Saturday afternoon. It's always nice when the kids get to watch a bunch of fishing being caught. It's kind of hard for them to fish off of this boat when they're all with me. People get hooked... but they got to touch a bunch of good ones. And everyone got to experience this!

3lb 3oz and 4lb 11oz.

Last edited:

Cletus T.

That’s awesome man…….I’ve had that happen to me once and you think you got a GIANT there for a second and then once you get it close enough to see it’s like……..”do what?”

A very cool moment and I’m glad you got to spend it with the little ones

Those a couple chunky bass too!!!

TripleXBullies

I've been catching so many big fish lately that it didn't even feel that big lol. I watched the first one hit it right after I threw in to the tree and had my wife start recording. Thought I had a follower then I realized why she was following so closely.

61BelAir

That is awesome!! Especially with your family along to enjoy it.

There's no way those two bass would have stayed that calm with my hand in there around those hooks. I'm glad they did for you.

I've caught 2 at a time on a "shakey drop" twice.....almost four times, but twice had the larger/lower one break off. I've never done it with a crankbait and even though I've fished an Alabama rig some lately, I still haven't caught a single fish on it.

WaltL1

Very cool TripleX!
Ive had that happen only one time but it was on a topwater bait and they weren't nearly the size of those chunks.
Doubly cool that the kids got to share that with you.

TripleXBullies

There's no way those two bass would have stayed that calm with my hand in there around those hooks. I'm glad they did for you.

I didn't care. I went straight in and didn't think twice. Maybe it's because the hooks were pretty well buried in the fish. I fought them (or at least one) for a good 5 seconds before my wife started recording. I guess that and then pulling against each other they wore themselves out.