low flow water pump

bckwzlineman

I am working on building a bait tank to hold catfish bait, have pretty much designed how I want to set it up but I will need a pump to circulate the water through my filter. having trouble finding a low volume( under 5gm) pump that will run on 110 volts and not break the bank, it also needs to be capable of continuous operation. I do not want to use a submersible pump as they produce heat. Anyone have any knowledge of where I can find one, or suggest a pump that will meet my needs?:huh:

acurasquirrel

What about a 12v pump and then use a DC wall adapter to power it? Most small 12v draw less than 2 amps and there are plenty of 2 amp DC power supplies on amazon for under $10. Pumps are cheap too.

Dbender

I can keep 50 hand sized bream alive for several weeks during august in a 55 gallon drum with nothing but a fish tank bubbler. Unless you are keeping them for a super long time I don't think a filter is necessary, unless you have a small tank. Those super cheap tabletop water fountains have a tiny pump that can't generate enough heat to affect anything.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
A recirc pump made for water heaters may fit the bill, or it may not work at all. whatever it does, it does it slow. Look into that angle.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
What about an aquarium pump. They make them with barbs on the end where you can just slide a clear vinyl hose on for the discharge.