Bearded hen.

Tombuster

Got this a couple weeks ago. At first I was looking at the gobbler strutting but then saw the bearded hen right in the center.

Attachments

• 41A88A8D-EFA9-4B11-BFEA-7F9CB9DC8861.jpg
    41A88A8D-EFA9-4B11-BFEA-7F9CB9DC8861.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,261

Josh B

We had one a few years back. I always wondered if you would get in trouble for shooting it. The beard on ours was twice that long. A young hunter wouldn't know the difference.

QuackAttack101

I always wondered if you would get in trouble for shooting it.

Let's just say I wouldn't put a picture of a dead one on here or on social media. Lol. But yeah, they're illegal to shoot in GA.

Some states allow you to shoot bearded turkeys but Georgia only allows you to shoot male turkeys.

Killdee

I watched a hen strut pirouette and gobble a few years ago with a gobbler. She strutted around when he topped a hen looking all excited. I was waiting to see if she took a turn.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I watched a hen strut pirouette and gobble a few years ago with a gobbler. She strutted around when he topped a hen looking all excited. I was waiting to see if she took a turn.

Lgbtfjcw?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Legal in NC.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Legal in Kentucky spring and fall.

rosewood

Guessing DNR would give you a pass. Had a buddy kill a 10pt doe many years ago back when we had doe days. It was not a doe day. He called warden and warden came out took pictures and notes. Said it wasn't a problem. Said doe was probably sterile anyway and bad for the gene pool if not. Got his picture in the Georgia Sportsman magazine for that one.

Rosewood