Chattooga County

mjc1909

so when going to summerville, when you start over the mountain, its the road on the left by the water tower? Thanks in advance

cathooker

so when going to summerville, when you start over the mountain, its the road on the left by the water tower? Thanks in advance

That is one road. As you are coming from Rome on hwy 27 just as you start up the ridge there is a forest service road on the right that carries you for a couple of miles north on the ridge.

cathooker

When I lived there the largest bucks were consistantly taken on the south end of the county...Menlo area for example. Might be different now. I've been gone for 17 years.

Your statement is still true Hank.....

godogs57

Still love the Gore community.....special place in my heart for that area. But, they don't have any gators like I have to deal with now.

superman1275

the one in my avy was taken off strawberry mtn. not sure if its chattooga or walker.never registered. 138 1/4
what are you calling strawberry mountain? bc the only area i know by that name is in chattoga co. so where did u kill it?

superman1275

You cross over it when going from Summerville to Rome. USFS road right there....other access spots on the south end as well as private property that butts up to it all over the place. When I lived there the largest bucks were consistantly taken on the south end of the county...Menlo area for example. Might be different now. I've been gone for 17 years.

Access on the North end as well...narrows road, etc.
its not just the south end of the county........there are just more woods n clubs out that way

superman1275

yeah thats chattooga co bro

superman1275

haha good luck man is there many people that hunt there?

warrior21

My oldest boy killed the one in my avatar in '08 off Fullerton Rd. On the Alabama side but right across the line from Chattooga County. Our property is on both sides of the line.

superman1275

deer should be moving this weekend looks like its gonna be in the 20's i cant wait to get in the woods! anybody seen any rut activity yet?

nwgahunter

the one in my avy was taken off strawberry mtn. not sure if its chattooga or walker.never registered. 138 1/4

Used to be on a lease at the bottom of Strawberry Mountain off of W Armuchee. It was nearly all cut-over but the woods down the creeks were awesome. Guy that leased it wouldn't do it again because he said the land owner wouldn't let him back burn it. He said couldn't see deer because of the thickness. If I had the money then I would have kept it. I saw a buck a day in there at least. He just didn't know how to hunt it I guess.

superman1275

the wind is making me aggravated!!! will it ever quit!!

Rut seems to be slow and spotty on my place, my son did take a nice 2.5 year old 7 point last Saturday chasing a doe.
What are you guys seeing?