hog mash question

Mikec84

ok so I'm not a big hog hunter(or experienced, I love any kind of hunting) but I found some hogs and decided to make some hog mash with some stuff I had around the house. I mixed up a just over a half bucket of corn, cut up apples, cut up sweet potatoes, a little milk, strawberry jello, yeast, and some old frying grease in two buckets. my questions are will this work? how long should I let this sit before putting it in the woods? should I really leave in the sun? any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20140324_200915_565.jpg
    IMG_20140324_200915_565.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 577

oldways

When you can't stand the smell it's ready. If you would have left the milk and the grease out you probably would have had some fine buck to drink..:banana:

larryb

Puttting it in the sun will make is fermint quicker....and like oldways says "when you can't stand the smell" it's ready......good luck

Mikec84

thanks guys. I've killed hogs before but never tried baiting them. there's not many that I know of where i hunt but I have seen a couple decent tracks, looks like a sow and couple piglets. then a week after that I was leaving the woods after turkey hunting and saw a big hog crossing the rd that looked to be about the size of a 55gal drum. now I'm really gonna be busy chasing birds and hogs!

honeydoo

Get ya some old gallon milk jugs and cut it so that the handle remains attached.

Pour ya some cracked corn in there along with a can of beer and hang it with a rope from a tree about waist high.

Once it ferments the hogs will come up and try to jump and knock the contents out. They will obsess over it and you can get real close to them.

The hard part is patterning the suckers, they tend to roam wide areas and once they eat all the food in an area they tend to leave for greener pastures.