pseudorabies

cornboy

I know of three cases in mid ga the past couple of years . I was just wondering if anyone knew of anymore

Scrapy

Banned
My last years of highschool I worked for a vet. We vaccinated no telling how many pigs for it. The only active case I saw was in some free range pigs-not wild hogs. I understood that it was transmitted through the wind if close enough to wild hogs or even worse by nose to nose contact. Old boars might carry it with no signs but unborn and recently born litters take the full force of it. I would suspect but I don't know, in dogs that a bred female dog might loose her litter more so than be killed by it but I could be wrong. I don't know of a vaccination for dogs but ask your vet. It was a long time ago.

cornboy

From what I have read on it shows it has no effect on hogs . The effect it has on dogs is that it kills them . Was trying to see if it has been showing up across the state

Scrapy

Banned
From what I have read on it shows it has no effect on hogs . The effect it has on dogs is that it kills them . Was trying to see if it has been showing up across the state

Pseudo rabies was never the diagnosis as cause of death in dogs all the years I worked for that vet. Doing autopsies and sending samples off when he was not sure. I'll bet a lot more hogs were brought to market caught by dogs back then than today are even caught. There was a lot of free range hogs and dogs was the only way. They weren't exactly wild hogs either. Just the same there was more hog and dog contact back then than today. And yes , I realize these wild hogs do not go to market.