Looking for a Flashlight

chrismhaase

EagleTac is great light with good build quality. They are a little bigger, so they dont fit in your pocket as well as the Quark, but if you don't pocket carry than it's not an issue.

I am actually looking for a small one to carry in a small backpack that I will take with me to the stand.

Ace12

I am actually looking for a small one to carry in a small backpack that I will take with me to the stand.

EagleTacT20C2II-1.jpg

Quark123123-hand-L.jpg

The EagleTac has more output, but not enough to make a huge noticable difference. EagleTac is also more money. either one is a good choice though.

Both lights will blow away a Mag light or streamlight.

grouper throat

Bought this one last yr. I tracked 4 or 5 with it and liked it. It's not as compact as others but well worth the price and fits in my pack.I don't like the blood tracking red/purple light as well as I do the white light except when it comes down to looking for small drops of blood. It doesn't burn through batteries like my other flashlights either.:cheers:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=421674

Kendallbearden

Big spider lover
Here ya go. These blow all y'all flashlights away.
:bounce:

Attachments

• pressure%20lanterns.jpg
    pressure%20lanterns.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 453

Falkon

I've got the EagleTac P10C2, which was their ist model in the "Personal" line. It's a little smaller then Ace's "tactical" one (I believe). I bought my FiL the P20C2 for xmas and he loves it. More power, level setting, strobe but the same size.

I've got a Quark as well, also a great flashlight, it's always a tough call for me whether I want the power of the ET or the lightness of the Quark. One benefit of my Quark is it takes AA so I can carry one set of backup batteries instead of havibg to carry some 123's as well.

Cant go wrong with either and I think you'll find once you start looking into and using a modern flashlight, you'll end up with several. Their like knives and guns.

Between the two IMO, it comes down to whether power or weight is your top priority.

Enjoy it!

CB.

one hogman

Flashlights / CHEAP!!!!

Hey you can save a lot of $$ go to www.dealextreme.com, look at their Flashlights [ direct from Hong Kong] free shipping no tax, it is slow but worth it They have lights up to 900 lumens , batteries rechargeable what ever, I have owned surefire and streamlight, these lights are made well and cost a lot less,be sure to use Pay Pal[ you can get a personal acct. free] don't give them your charge card # it is overseas and things can happen. One example
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14028

Killdee

Yeah but they dont fit in my pocket.....

I have a Fenix PD30 throws 230 lumens on high, I use the first 2 settings for long life, they last forever on 2 lithiums. I bought and extra 12 for 80 cents a piece and Im still running the first 2 10 months later. I use it for work also so its amazing how long it runs.Every time I shine it at night people freak out how far it shines, then I turn it up...:eek:

coondog96

Stream light !
Chris

x2....for about 35 bucks:bounce:you can have one of the best little pack lights possible and the battery life is great also it is LED stream light stylus pro,one bright light,been useing this one for about three years and only replaced the batteries once

Attachments

• DSC00258.jpg
    DSC00258.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 452

Swamprat

Swamprat

Kendal...that is what we mostly use if if it is a serious tracking job....a Coleman lantern will light up the world at night. I keep one in the truck just in case, took some sheet metal and blocked off one side of the glass so you don't get blinded, wear a thick glove to tote it and you are good.

QTurn

I'll be another vote for Fenix lights. I worked nights for many years and always depended on a flash light. Started off with a regular Maglight until I could afford the rechargeable. I thought 30,000 candlepower was tremendous. Then the Streamlights came along and everybody had to have one. I have carried the SL series down to the Stingers. I've also worn a Streamlight strapped to my belt for a long time.

I recently bought the Fenix TK 12. It's adjustable from 11 lumens all the way up to 280!!

Brightest light I have ever owned. Very pleased with it's craftsmanship.....

laserdoc

I will stick to my dive lights. I would put any one of them up against any metioned. Plus I already have them and have had them for several years.
When your nite diving you have to have them small and brite!!!

Browning Spitfire

I recently ordered one of these from Sportsman's Guide and it uses two AA batteries and is very bright with a focused beam without dark spots in it. Price is around $26.00.

burkehunter

I have one of those winchester blood lights from wal-mart that cost $14 and I carry it as a all around light and it has worked for me so far.