Deer processers near Augusta, GA

Dan Rogers

I haven't hunted in Burke for several years, but we used to take our deer to the Mennonites (sp?) near Louisville in Jefferson County. They made the best summer sausage and jerky. If I remember correctly it was off the road that runs North from the Hardees.

swamp

I hunted in Waynesboro for about 10 years and used pretty much everyone from Tuckers to Flakes Processor and ones in between. I used Flakes last year they were ok a little pricey, however they use beef instead of pork in their sausage. I hunted beside Di-Lane and used the procesor near the corner store off of middle ground road, D&R Processing they charged $55 for standard cut, it was right beside that quail farm. Flakes was about $70 and that was with sausage patties and links, tenderloins, backstraps, and ground.

FireMedic380

There is a guy off columbia road near appling, past Patriot's Park with a good reputation, Frog's off Washington Road by the lake past Pollard's corner, Doug's off Hwy. 1.

I bought a good knife, med. cooler, and a DVD from Cabelas, do my own now and love the result, also guaranteed to get all my own deer meat, no more, no less.

ldw308

peytons is the processor off columbia rd near appling.

he did 2 for me last year and i was very satisfied

phone is 706-541-1675

Barracuda

any feedback on their mounts? i have used angel's taxidermy in the past w/ mixed results.

swamphawg

Hands Down the Best Processor/Taxidermist in Augusta

Southland's off of Wrightsboro Road is the best you'll find in Augusta. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT go to Angel's if you want tendons, ligaments, and arteries in your ground meat. There's only one place I use for my deer processing and taxidermy as well and that is Southland's. Those boys are honest and won't mount or process anything they wouldn't hang or eat themselves. Call them up at 706-737-6700 for directions and ask for Trey. Tell him Joseph Morris sent you. He'll take care of you I promise.

swamphawg

Oh and as for their jerky, out of this world good.

i take my deer to dougs on highway 1 or to southland^^^^^

sounthland is the best taxidermy studio around and the guys that work there are great guys

swamphawg

southland is the best taxidermy studio around and the guys that work there are great guys

Southland is one of the best taxidermists in the nation and they've got the awards to prove it. HIGHLY recommend going there. Awesome work and awesome guys!:cool::cool:

deerpark08

the best summer sausage

I haven't hunted in Burke for several years, but we used to take our deer to the Mennonites (sp?) near Louisville in Jefferson County. They made the best summer sausage and jerky. If I remember correctly it was off the road that runs North from the Hardees.

This is the best summer sausage we've ever had.

deerpark08

I was just about to post DO NOT GO TO ANGEL's when I saw someone else had already posted it. Wasted a whole deer there on sausage that we had to throw away because it was pure salt. NEVER again will we go to Angels.

pew222

Frogs, Peytons, Southland, and Outback out in Harlem. Outback is full right now so youll have to choose from one of the other three.

bowman77

I have been using Outback for about 4 years now and they do a good job, but they do fill up quick and stay that way. I have one at Peytons and one at Outback as we speak.

I take most of mine to the menonites in Louisville (478) 625-8107. They are not open on Sunday's though, only Monday through Saturday. They usually have it ready in about 5 days and you must pick it up within 30 days. If you want jerky, slim jims, summer sausage or link sausage you won't find anyone better than them. Another plus is that they only charge 5.00 to skin your deer. They usually want a 20.00 deposit when you drop it off but be sure to take cash because that's all they accept. I must have knew this was coming because I just went out there yesterday and after several years of going there wrote down the prices and selections for the first time!
Here's the info:
Hamburger = 1.50 / lb
Sausage = 1.55 / lb
Link Sausage = 1.70 / lb
Jerky = 10.50 / lb
Thin Jims = 5.50 / lb
Summer Sausage = 7.50 / stick
Cubed Steak = 2.10 / lb
50.00 minimum per deer

The only other place I take my deer is to Mr. Peeler's just outside of Wrens (706) 547-2513. He is located behind the first RV park you come to, on the right, if you are leaving wrens headed towards Louisville. I don't remember what his prices are but he is fairly cheap and does a real good job. He also wants 20.00 deposit and cash only. He doesn't offer jerky but will do just about everything else.

I hope this helps and I hope you decide to try one of these places. You will not be disappointed!

67chevyjr

I use Outback in Harlem. It is the best in my opinion. I cleaned deer up there for a little while.

I use Outback in Harlem. It is the best in my opinion. I cleaned deer up there for a little while.

Do you have a phone number for them? Also, how's the hunting out in harlem right now? I have some land in Harlem that i haven't hunted in a while, off harlem-grovetown road.

I grew up in Grovetown/Harlem area, if you own some undeveloped land there then that is probably where all the deer are because everywhere else around Harlem Grovetown Road is chopped, cut and rebuilt.