ranger shotgun 16 ga pat apr 20 1915

timothyroland

My grandfather has one and im trfying to get some info on it. Id like to try and find a value and such. It still has matching numbers and the wood is almost in perfect condition. Any info is helpful.

GunnSmokeer

details

I don't know about the Winchester Ranger series of shotguns from a few generations ago.

But I think it would help get an answer to your question if you took some pics, both "overall" pics and then close-ups of the action, the butt plate, and any writing or stamps or proof marks on the barrel.

And the SERIAL NUMBER ! That will be very useful. If you feel the need for privacy, you can cover the last few digits, but tell us the rest of the serial number and substitute the letter "X" for the digits you are not revealing. For example if the real number is AH25613, you could publicly tell us the serial number is AH25XXX or AH256XX. That might get you a very narrow date range, within a year or two of when it was made.

Can you measure the barrel, and measure the overall length? This might help us identify it.

Last edited: