An oldie but a goodie

ambush80

"A vast array of websites sprang up to defend the erroneous story. Too many people had found too much value—spiritually or financially—in the myth to simply let it die."

Hmmmm....When has that ever happened before?

660griz

In rare cases one can become what is considered JewISH by certain branches of Judaism. You cannot become a Jew unless you are born a Jew.

Who is a Jew?

A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism.

In Jewish tradition, Abraham is called Avraham Avinu (אברהם אבינו), "our father Abraham," signifying that he is both the biological progenitor of the Jews (including converts, according to Jewish tradition), and the father of Judaism, the first Jew.

Last edited:

ambush80

To what end? Make you look even worse? No Sir. I'm content to let you be your own worst enemy.

Taking your football and going home.

I think you've illustrated the greatest lesson to be learned from apologetics: When it gets hard, "shake the dust from your sandals".

Somebody will observe our discussion, hopefully a young person who has a sense that what they've been told "just doesn't seem right", and they will click on the links that I've provided and recognize the true fragility of a belief based on faith.

atlashunter

I like Harris but he can't fill Hitchens shoes.