Looking for a campround with good trout fishing

AllTerrainAngler

Any advice or recommendations would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Davis31052

They are hard to find. Definately don't waste time going to any camp ground along the Tallulah river up above Clayton. Dicks Creek above Cleveland is no good. Smith Creek at Unicoi is like the Dead Sea.:biggrin2:

3ringer

They are hard to find. Definately don't waste time going to any camp ground along the Tallulah river up above Clayton. Dicks Creek above Cleveland is no good. Smith Creek at Unicoi is like the Dead Sea.:biggrin2:

I see what you did there.

KDarsey

Yeah...uh-huh....and Cooper Creek is fished out too.::ke:

transfixer

I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but if you're willing to drive a little further than North Ga, Indian Creek campground outside of Cherokee NC is and awesome campground, with good fishing, occassionaly some very nice size trout are pulled out of there, they have a website with pics, we've camped there once and plan on going back when time allows.

AllTerrainAngler

I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but if you're willing to drive a little further than North Ga, Indian Creek campground outside of Cherokee NC is and awesome campground, with good fishing, occassionaly some very nice size trout are pulled out of there, they have a website with pics, we've camped there once and plan on going back when time allows.

We used to always go there when I was younger on family trips. after a few losses we never went back. I remember catching a lot of fish up there.

transfixer

We used to always go there when I was younger on family trips. after a few losses we never went back. I remember catching a lot of fish up there.

I understand many years ago the campground had different owners, and wasn't as nice or peaceful as it is now, I don't know how long the couple that owns it have had it, but we met them and they were very hospitable and very helpful. I don't think I've ever seen a nicer bath house or campground that was kept up as good as Indian creek was.