protecting camo from fading

sowega hunter

A while back I read a forum on Woody's about keeping camo from fading. Can anyone tell me where it is or tell me how to keep camo from fading so fast. I remember something about washing in vinegar the first wash. Thanks Sowega.

Joe Moran

It sure isn't using Scent A Way detergent. My stuff fades no matter what.

H

HT2

Fading Camo.........

I usually keep mine around 2-3 years then buy new stuff.........

I've never seen or heard anything that would keep it from fading.........

rayjay

I have a guaranteed way to keep it from fading.

Don't wash it. :) I ain't kidding. My stuff's been through two turkey seasons, a couple of small game hunts, and some yard work and has never been washed.

H

HT2

Ray!!!!!!!!!!

Betcha that is some nice smellin' camo............

::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

bradpatt03

i actually do the same thing...wear it why you're hunting, then take it off and put it in a trashbag or rubbermaid pail. i wash it at the end of every season (twice a year)...trick is just take it off when you're not huntin...you won't sweat in it, etc. mine's going on 3 years strong!!!

BowArrow

I wash my camo after each hunt to remove any scent.

Turn camo inside out.

Wash in cold water and baking soda.

USE SHORT WASH CYCLE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BEAT CLOTHES TO DEATH AS THEY ARE NOT NORMALLY THAT DIRTY.

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Have it Dry Cleaned, just air it out to let the petroleum scent get out of it. :D :D
HHH

gnarlyone

Camo fading

Have it Dry Cleaned, just air it out to let the petroleum scent get out of it. :D :D
HHH

If washing in a machine turn it inside out to wash it n cold water, I never wash mine in a machine... 5 gallon bucket and agitate it by hand with a little baking soda....

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I wash my camo after each hunt to remove any scent.

Turn camo inside out.

Wash in cold water and baking soda.

USE SHORT WASH CYCLE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BEAT CLOTHES TO DEATH AS THEY ARE NOT NORMALLY THAT DIRTY.

^^^^^ Yep, and let dry on the clothes line.

jollymon

Back in the day, When the Army went to BDU's from all green, They were prone to fade, The Army spent a lot of money to come up with a fix,
The Fix- wash and dry inside out, Worked fine

snookdoctor

I didn't see any deer weigh in on this subject, but I bet they don't care if yo clothes fade.:bounce:

zedex

Gator Bait
I wash mine in the river. No soap, natural scent. Hang dry and store in vacuum sealed bag

coolbreezeroho

Wash by hand inside out...Rinse with the water hose or in the washing machine on a rinse cycle...cold water... Line dry out of the sun....