Walker County Turkeys

mformica

Haven't made it down since the fall, but we are planning on being back down in April. Wondering what kind of turkey activity folks are seeing on their cameras and out and about?

Can't wait.

NGa.MtnHunter

I know theres lots of young birds, had a heck of a hatch last spring!

Inthegarge

Seeing a lot here lately...
Turkeys2012.JPG

turkeys.jpg

Here's some samples..... Longbeard have wrong date...should be 2012...I fixed it after I saw the picts....

nwgahunter

Saw about 15 this am in Catoosa county on the driving range off of Dietz Rd behind Walgreens. Two were longbeards and they were strutting.

ONETREEDOG

A few birds

Turkeys

Attachments

• TC FEB 001.jpg
    TC FEB 001.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 827
  • TC FEB 030.jpg
    TC FEB 030.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 861

Inthegarge

Turkey Race

Got these off the camera today....... Looks like they are racing.....LOL
Turkey race.JPG

ssw

turkey

seen about 15 the other morning in all place but in rossville across from rock crusher on mc farland:shoot:

Joe r

i,v seen more birds this spring than i have in a loooooong time
going to do a little huntin very soon!

Inthegarge

Went for the first time yesterday.........Only gobbling was on the property next door.....LOL.......Could only hunt a couple of hours...Will see if it goes better Monday..........

mformica

So we just got down to Lafayette. Here through Easter. Have never been Turkey hunting in Walker County before, anyone have any pointers on good places to find Turkeys on public land? Trying to get my in-laws to call the neighbors and get me permission to hunt their land . . . . .

Was thinking of trying to hunt along the river off of E. Armuchee Rd in the Nat. Forest (back side of the Pocket).

Any other good ideas?

Inthegarge

How many are we ?? PM me and I might be able to set you up.....