Round about gator guide price for Seminole

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
To all of the DIY'ers. If you have not been on a gator hunt before you need to really think about the DIY. This is a very dangerous hunt if you do not know what you are doing. Not only the risk of catching a gator but there are hidden dangers in the water everywhere. they are cypress knees at and just below water level that can sink a boat in seconds and you are left in gator infested water. They are hard to see at night when your main goal is spotting a gator.
Is your life or a friend or loved one worth more than the fee of a experienced guide that has a safe and great success rate of getting you a trophy gator.
Good luck and safe hunting.

Seems odd to me that you have plenty of time to try to SCARE up some business but not enough time to send a PM the OP.

sghoghunter

Because I can tell you for a fact there was not a pm from no one except a guy on here that was telling me that if he hadn't already made plans with his mother he would go with us and wouldn't charge a dime since he loved hunting so much. There was also talk about someone saying that they pm'd me about a price but when I quoted them and told them they didn't their post got deleted fast.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
How would you/we know if there was a PM sent? Since it would have been a PM. :rolleyes:

You`re another one that has interfered in threads with people trying to do their own hunts.

I`m telling ya`ll now, that any more of it and it will be dealt with permanently.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
How would you/we know if there was a PM sent? Since it would have been a PM. :rolleyes:

I know the probabilities are in favor of the OP having made truthful posts based upon the evidence available in this thread. The statement that appeared to have been false was not defended. It was abandoned and deleted by the poster. The statements made by the OP were defended with vigor.

I spent a career differentiating between statements that were truthful and those that were not. Here the evidence favors the OP. Eye rolling emoticons do nothing to strengthen one's position.

Possum

Banned
Congrats on the gator! I don't know what a guide charges but in my opinion if you can do it yourself, even if unsuccessful, you'll feel better about it. Unless you are the type person that HAS to kill something to feel good about a hunt. In which case a guide would probably increase your odds. Gator hunting is not risking your life anymore than climbing in a deer stand or hunting on a crowded WMA and having a guide doesn't mean accidents can't happen anyways. I'm sure Chris Blackman and the other guides are great people but I am the type of hunter who would prefer a 6ft diy gator over a 12' gator I had to pay someone to help me get. I'm same way when it comes to deer, a 120" 8 pointer off my land or public land would mean more than a 175" on a guided hunt. Which I did once and would never do again.

sghoghunter

Congrats on the gator! I don't know what a guide charges but in my opinion if you can do it yourself, even if unsuccessful, you'll feel better about it. Unless you are the type person that HAS to kill something to feel good about a hunt. In which case a guide would probably increase your odds. Gator hunting is not risking your life anymore than climbing in a deer stand or hunting on a crowded WMA and having a guide doesn't mean accidents can't happen anyways. I'm sure Chris Blackman and the other guides are great people but I am the type of hunter who would prefer a 6ft diy gator over a 12' gator I had to pay someone to help me get. I'm same way when it comes to deer, a 120" 8 pointer off my land or public land would mean more than a 175" on a guided hunt. Which I did once and would never do again.

Thank you sir.