Hammock Seat

transfixer

I got one of these a couple weeks ago, used it over thanksgiving, as others have said, its very comfortable, easy to set up. I used to use one of those folding stools, but the are awkward to carry, and hard to get set up at the right angle, I always prefer to sit with my back to a tree, so this is perfect !

PappyHoel

stumpman35

Does anybody have a problem with it making noise. I used my dad's this weekend and it seemed like each time I moved it would squeak or something. It's only been used a couple of times, does it need to be broken in?

crucible02

I actually have one of those on the Christmas list with the wife! I've gotten to where I prefer hunting from the ground. I like that I can slip in quietly and set up. If I realize I don't like the angle I have, I can move without making a ton of noise.

I bought an X-Stand Portable Ground Seat recently and it is amazing. I paired it with a cheap memory foam cushion from the auto section at Walmart and I haven't hunted in anything else since then. Folds up flat, lightweight, straps around the tree and can handle any angle so far at the tree base. Here is the link to it: https://www.amazon.com/X-Standx-Stand-Portable-Ground-Seat-XAGS106/dp/B01BX1768S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512049889&sr=8-1&keywords=x+stand+portable+ground+seat

Killer Kyle

I've killed buck, bear, hogs, and turkey out of my hammock seat here in NE GA. I absolutely love it. Killed a buck out of it Thanksgiving morning. Sure beats sitting on the ground!!! I've fallen asleep in mine a few times too many!

Killer Kyle

Never heard of them but I know what I need for Christmas this year.

Looks like it would work well both for deer and turkey.

Thanks OP

It does work well for turkey. You can sling it low to where you're just off the ground, not higher up like pictured above. It only weighs about a pound and a half I guess, so it totes easy in the vest.

GWH

Dead Ringer

I have that seat this year, it is now my favorite stand! one pound in the back pack, takes about 1 minute to set up and less than a foot to fall when I go to sleep in the stand!!!!

jlt4800

That's a good idea about wrapping the apron around the tree...I tied an old tshirt around the tree to do the same thing . especially on a pine tree.

doeboy1

Wow 4yrs later and this thread keeps going. I cant believe I haven't received my commission check yet.;) I'm still using my hammock seats and haven't had a single issue with them, great product!

frankwright

I used mine Tuesday morning. I was a little under the weather and did not want to climb or be elevated so I grabbed my hammock seat.
I sat for five hours, did not see any deer while my buddy killed a nice 8 pointer on the other end of the property.
There is a missing time frame where it is possible I dozed off. That is a bad thing about those seats.

hooksnhorns

I've been pondering on what I'm gonna do for turkey season. I had back surgery in July ( L4-S1 fusion/ 6 bolts and 2 rods up my lower back) and I recently tried to sit in a turkey thug chair. I found out right quick I cant sit low like that, which I figured was the case. Do these hammock seats work good ( comfortably) for folks with bad lower backs? I really appreciate any info on this.

The mtn man

I've been pondering on what I'm gonna do for turkey season. I had back surgery in July ( L4-S1 fusion/ 6 bolts and 2 rods up my lower back) and I recently tried to sit in a turkey thug chair. I found out right quick I cant sit low like that, which I figured was the case. Do these hammock seats work good ( comfortably) for folks with bad lower backs? I really appreciate any info on this.

My hammock seat is made by dead ringer, you should be good with it, also it's extremely lightweight to carry.

doeboy1

I've got 2 bad disc in lower back and the hammock seat is comfortable for me. The only thing I'd caution you on is they occasionally slip a few inches on a smooth barked tree which I know is enough to cause problems for a tender back.

kranich

hooksnhorns, my wife has had 2 herniated disc surgeries in the lower back about the same area as your fusion. We bought two of the hammock seats for my son and I because we weren't sure if my wife would be able to sit in one. She loved it and ordered her one the next day. I don't think she has been back in her short box stand since getting it.

hooksnhorns

Thank yall so much for the replies and info. I was gettin down thinkin I may not be able to turkey hunt this yr. I can't walk very far, but I believe I'll be aight with one of these seats by what yall are sayin. Thanks again.

kgarrison

I have a deadringer hammock seat that I would like to trade for a nice ground blind. I'm too big the the chair 6'3" 350 lbs. meet close to Dalton Ga. pm me.

Core Lokt

These things must have gotten popular. Only place I see them in stock is at Dead Ringer for $50. All sites that listed for $35 are sold out.