1100 Acres SW Iowa lease available. One continuous piece.

started with 2 viewings, then dropped to 1. Back up to 2 now. a couple guys coming out tomorrow to meet me on the property, and a couple guys on Monday. Will update after that. Tomorrows showing depends on weather. We are supposed to get snow, so if that happens, it will change everything.

ericflowers

This property is gone this year, no way those pics and aerial don't sell it. If anyone is interested though, I need some people looking to go this year. I won't lie and say I wouldn't prefer a group of gun hunters to pick up the other half of a lease, but if someone wants to go in on a tract with me and a buddy this year, I'm all ears.

Well, first 2 guys showed up today. We spent about 3 hours touring the property. Saw a ton of deer, and they wrote me a check for earnest money at the end of the tour.

As of now it is leased. I will find out for sure when I make up the contract, but sounds like they may possibly take it for all 3 years. If anything changes, or they decide to cancel, I will update this posting. I will update no matter what.

Just sent the paperwork over to them. Will keep updated on here, but as of now, they are going to lease for 1 year. They will get first offer to re-up next year, but it is a possibility they only want it for 1 year.

Ill keep you posted on the status for this year, and the future.

Jim Boyd

Good job getting it leased, Mike.

We want to hunt, brother - keep us in mind!

Good job getting it leased, Mike.

We want to hunt, brother - keep us in mind!

No worries. Thanks. Thats why i will continue to update. Until the check clears, and contract is signed, nothing is official.

If something happens they dont want to renew next year, I will know early enough next spring to still put something together on here.
The guys that are leasing are iowa residents. Only 2 of them will be hunting it. They have high standards, so the only reasons I can see then not renewing is because of the distance from where they live, or because there isnt a 180 behind every tree.

gfontela

Me and a buddy would be interested in just gun hunting in future years (0 points this year so we wouldn't draw the tag). We would be happy to set something up with the current group if they renew or with a group from this website if the property becomes available.

I've never applied in Iowa before. How much would it cost me to just buy a preference point this year just in case?

Jim Boyd

$50 if I recall correctly. That is definitely within a few dollars

Good luck.

Well, Its official, got the final check and contract today. It is leased until next year. If something happens, and they do not renew, I will update this post.

Jim Boyd

Congrats, Mike - always good to seal the deal.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Many are still interested for 2018, in particular - keep us in mind.

Hope your group has a great time and treats the land well.

Best of luck!

Update for 2018: The guys saw a ton of deer and killed a mid 180's buck with a bow. They plan to lease it again. Ill update if they decide not to.

Hey guys, no change on the lease for now, they paid up for this year. There will be one final year on my lease(june 2019-june 2020). I will update next year when the time rolls around.

Last edited by a moderator: