Tbg southern zone hunt

ngabowhunter

Haven't been to any traditional get togethers in awhile. Unless something drastic happens I should be there late Wednesday afternoon.

sawtooth

It's almost time!!! The weather is going to be just right. Bring sharp broadheads and your long-handles, it might get a tad cool. I was just there last weekend and the water levels are not too bad. We've had rain in the last week, but not a lot of it. There should be a lot of huntable dirt that was underwater last year. If anybody has any queries, direct them toward me.

Barebowyer

Y'all have a great time and stick it to one for me! It seems like the Gov't has different plans for me in the form of work all week. I was hoping to make it. Shoot straight!

Clipper

Looks like the weather will be bearable so I am planning on coming, if it doesn't get any colder than predicted. Should be down early Thursday morning. Looking forward to hunting the swamps again and seeing good friends.

beaulesye10

You guys be carful coming down today. Decent amount of snow on the ground and could ice if forecasters are correct.

sawtooth

Cold. Very cold. Made it through the first night though. The pigs are in trouble when my fingers thaw out.

sawtooth

Still here. Everybody has been on hogs. One of our group connected. The weather has gotten a little warmer and more comfortable. Everybody is having a fine time. Attendance is up this year.

bronco611

Could not make it ,first I was sick, now car acting up. Post pictures later so I can see what fun I missed out on.

devolve

sorry I couldn't make it yall, I really did want to be there. grandkids showed up Friday and just left. family comes first!

looking forward to the pics!!

ngabowhunter

Just got home. Got on a few pigs, but couldn't get close enough for a shot. Met some new folks and had a great time. Thanks Dendy for setting this up. Looking forward to next time.

sawtooth

I had a blast. This was the best turnout in a few years. great hunt! I believe everybody at least SAW some pigs, but funky wind and super dry conditions made stalking tough. There were a couple arrows that saw some action. I'll let the guys that shot them tell those stories. All in all- a great time! Thanks to everybody that turned out. Can't wait to do it again. I'm hoping that Chris Harper will post up a couple pictures.

Todd Cook

It was a fun weekend for sure. I got REALLY close to 4 pigs Friday afternoon, but in some crazy thick brush. I tried to wait em out, and it nearly worked. But when your that close you better get it done cause the wind will eventually shift. And it did.:) .. I walked some pretty woods and saw game more than once. Sat around a big fire with some fine fellows. It was really a good time. Except....... I need a better sleeping bag.:)

Clipper

I love hunting Chickasawhatchee and look forward to this hunt every year. I got to sink my Muck boots in swamp mud and hunted over good sign for 3 days. I love it when you are deep in a swamp right before dark and a hoot owl sounds off. We had some good campfires and good tales. Thanks, Dendy for hosting this hunt and especially for the firewood. I think we burnt close to half a cord trying to stay warm:).

Buck E.

Had a great time . What a bunch of awesome dudes with sticks. They can diffinately shoot , they wore me out on the target at camp. Stuck a big sow and tracked her for 600 yds thru the swamp after dark before we lost her in the water. One hole and one lung just dont work. Good shot placement for a 24yd shot though. Look foward to some more of these. Thanks Dendy.