Poacher in Walton Co.

dominantpredator

Also you can take a 16' long 2x4 and drive literally thousands of nails in it so the point goes all the way through. Hide it in the middle of you dirt road......along comes the poachers and they will have 4 flat tires. I did this several years ago and someone drug the 2x4 about two hundred yards across our pasture while attempting to retreive the poached deer(shot at night with a spotlight, shot from road, shot on someone's property they did not have permission to hunt. They killed one more deer the very next night and left it there for me to find. However, they have never returned and they had to get four new tire or either put lots of plugs in the 4 flat tires. There are definetly ways to stop it. The law enforcement would be a great way to catch the scumbags. Good luck to you my man!

wrestler

find em? and on your road instead of nails, take 6 lawnmower blades and cut them so the are 2 pecies. 1 flat down and the othe sticking 3-5 in of the base, and weld them like an upside down t and spray them the color of the road and chain them togather. weill shread any tire, even 18 whelers. will stop that chevy in its tracks.

cneedha1

poaching

this is not far from the poaching problem i have in Mansfield, newton county.
The Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- hunts every day killing anything he sees on our property, and he destroyed all the trail cams, so yesterday morning i got in the woods right where he walks on to the property and held him there at gun point. the fact that he was armed allows the property *owner* to do so, and the sheriff's deputy gladly carted him off.
maybe you could try that?

BCAPES

Landowner feels guilty....:crazy:? Lol..he/she is probably related to them & won't prosecute anyway;) Why else would a landowner feel "guilty" about taking out bad guys/poachers??? Local LEO could/should be tipped off & given a head start on narrowing down the vehicle+perps. Sad...but if you turn it over to LEO & my hunch is correct..said landowner may ask you to not come back ! Sleepr71.

Cannot blame the landowner for not letting you put out nails...

Not that I agree with it but if a minor/child or even adult were to come on the property and fall on the 2x4 full of nails getting seriously injured i.e. lose eyesight etc..., they could sue and WOULD win! They would probably be awarded every penny the landowner has.

Heck, if a neighbors kid wanders into my backyard and falls in the pool and drowns, I am liable even though he did not have permission.

That is just a fact of our messed up judicial system. There are other ways that would not put you at risk.

00Beau

I would not put out nails, too hard to get up and you will get them in your tires!! I would definately make home made spike strips and flatten all 4 tires!!! He can trespass and poach but you can`t flatten his tires, ok!! Anybody see you put out the spike strip :D???? Prove it!!!!! :bounce:

308-MIKE

any word yet on the criminal???

billy336

Too bad if you catch him, our ridiculous ga judicial system will do nothing but a slap on the wrist. Fines will be less than 500 bucks each. We really need the state to start doing something about this. In PA they'd take the guns...and the truck.

So true. Here in FL trespassing with a firearm is a felony, pulling the trigger gets you a another felony from the projectile. No more guns for the guilty, ever.

Gone Fishing

Also take note that the truck also has pinstripes. And I could be wrong but it also looks like it's missing the rear view mirror.

1jharris

No updates

No updates guys... thanks for all the replies. The landowner has since but up a gate and lock on the road. I have not gotten any more pics on the camera.

asimm85

Gone but not forgotten.
They would need the coroner not the police if i caught them on my property after they had been destroying cameras and shooting deer. I think my back hoe would cover up the evidence haha. Joking but i think a few shots right over that truck and they would need some new pants and the game warden and police would be there.

308-MIKE

They would need the coroner not the police if i caught them on my property after they had been destroying cameras and shooting deer. I think my back hoe would cover up the evidence haha.

i was there was there the whole time officer.i swear i never saw a thing.:bounce:

IrishSniper

That's my cousin Delmar from Dothan AL, he takes after my Aunt Petty. :p