Picture of HUGE Wolf.

JoeKnowsBows

Anyone on here have anything on this wolf? Got this pic in an email today. It was supposed to have come from Idaho. I don't know alot about wolves but this one looks like 150lbs :hair:or so to me which is bigger than i thought they were normally:huh:

Attachments

• bigbadwolf.jpg
    bigbadwolf.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 40,978

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Timberwolves are very large animals. Saw a pet one in Crested Butte Colorado, 100% full blooded. He stood about waist high on all fours, and I'm 6' tall. Not one to be petted by strangers either, but sure was a pretty animal.

Handgunner

I wouldn't be too quick to yell photoshop... I didn't realize just how big a wolf really is until I stood next to one at the taxidermist shop.

The one I stood next to was a white wolf... from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail was right at about 7 feet.. and he stood almost waist high to me...

I'm 5' 9"..

R

redneckcamo

I think there was a thread on this about a month er 2 back !

head shot

Banned
The world record wolf was killed in Alaska in 1939 and weighed like 178 lbs.... Not saying it isn't real, but the picture just looks funny to me, like it's been edited. I use photoshop quite a bit and I don't know about this picture.

jamiehunts

i went moose hunting in alaska 2 years ago and saw a few wolves they are huge animals i have also seen a few at my taxidermist i would say it is a real pic.

243Savage

I see them frequently and the head does look too big IMO. They do in fact get big, bigger than you would expect until you see one up close,but my guess is that pic is photoshopped.

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
    wolf1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13,845
  • wolf2.jpg
    wolf2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 13,762
  • wolf3.jpg
    wolf3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 13,650

boneboy96

they grow em big up in Minnesota! :cool: Not sure about that pic though!

Core Lokt

Here is one that was at a hunting camp that I went to. killed in Canada. He is on a platform raised about 10" off of the ground.

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

dasandman

Wolf

I have come across a big wolf or two and the most striking thing is the size of the head and front paws.
They are smart to be wary of people.

Why would ya even shoot one??? Just for the mount??? Aint gonna eat it...they are too pretty to kill....

scanda

I think Elk are going to be in trouble in a few years when wolves have more numbers.

Last edited:

Booner Killa

Why would ya even shoot one??? Just for the mount??? Aint gonna eat it...they are too pretty to kill....

Because of the way they reproduce! I've also heard they reak havoc on elk and deer populations as well. Beautiful animals but numbers have to be controlled quite closely.

i guess God didn't intend on wolves eating deer and elk so we better kill em all

modern_yeoman

i guess God didn't intend on wolves eating deer and elk so we better kill em all

They will also destroy Livestock.....it is an expensive problem for the ones having to deal with them.

JBM '64

Because of the way they reproduce! I've also heard they reak havoc on elk and deer populations as well. Beautiful animals but numbers have to be controlled quite closely.

To each his own, but there is no way I could or would shoot a wolf, or mountain lion for that matter. Just me,
though, if there's a season for 'em, I got no problem with it.

Jim M.

00Beau

No not kill all of them but control their numbers just like we do the deer herd, that is why we were made more dominant. If we did not hunt animals could not survive. Numbers would get out of control. :cheers: