Tribble Mill Park in Lawrenceville

SamYaAK

i fish the bottom lake for cat fish at times fished it this year few times had only few pound and a half or so nothing compares to how it was 3 yrs ago used to catch some nice size over 10 lbs might give it a shot again soon

Dan the Man

the 4th a bust @ lower lake

I fished the bank around the entire 2nd lake yesterday @ "Trouble" Mill. Fished for 2-1/2 hours. Threw everything at 'em. Weedless worms & top water frogs thru the pads around the edges, big spinner baits, small spinner baits, cranks baits, you name it... And not a single bite. Came across 2 or 3 other guys fishing the banks in various places and they were all having no luck either. Wonder if the bass have all just gone down to the deepest parts of the lake to escape the blistering heat of the shallows after the last week of 100+ temps? What was really odd was the water was gin clear all the way around the lake, and there were areas where I could see the bottom of the lake 30 to 40 feet out from the bank, and I never so much as saw a fish? even with polarized glasses. Didn't even see many bait fish around the banks? Just an odd day?

fishingguy61

I fished the bank around the entire 2nd lake yesterday @ "Trouble" Mill. Fished for 2-1/2 hours. Threw everything at 'em. Weedless worms & top water frogs thru the pads around the edges, big spinner baits, small spinner baits, cranks baits, you name it... And not a single bite. Came across 2 or 3 other guys fishing the banks in various places and they were all having no luck either. Wonder if the bass have all just gone down to the deepest parts of the lake to escape the blistering heat of the shallows after the last week of 100+ temps? What was really odd was the water was gin clear all the way around the lake, and there were areas where I could see the bottom of the lake 30 to 40 feet out from the bank, and I never so much as saw a fish? even with polarized glasses. Didn't even see many bait fish around the banks? Just an odd day?

I assume you're talking about the small lake with no boat ramp. I'm curious how often guys use boats/kayaks to fish that lake. If not often, I can imagine some good-sized bass out in the deeper parts.

davidf5252

I assume you're talking about the small lake with no boat ramp. I'm curious how often guys use boats/kayaks to fish that lake. If not often, I can imagine some good-sized bass out in the deeper parts.

I fished the smaller lake out of my kayak last week and managed a couple. One a tad over a pound..lost of top water action though... I dont have any electronics on the kayak so I dont know the contour out in the middle or depth.

Anyone here had a depth finder out in the smaller lake?

SamYaAK

david it starts from 20s to 30s or so by the concrete thing its 20 feet deep then when u go twords the middle it gets deeper

davidf5252

Thanks Sam.

I Wish I Was Fishing and myself hit the big lake yesterday to try out my new fly rod. I got the casting down at the ramp and we headed out. (I had learned as a child but it had been 15 years since i used one)

IWIWF caught a bream and a couple small LM concentrating on the lillys and a cpl downed trees right by the ramp. After missed 2 bass on a lizard I focused on watching the bass bust top water all around me and not hit anything i threw at them for over an hour. Fluke, Paddle tale fluke (3 colors and 2 sizes), Sebiel, KVD sq bill crank, Spook, Chug Bug, and even a couple bass poppers on the fly rod. They just plain wouldnt take anything I had..

Either way I got skunked for the first time in over 10 years...not happy about it but it was still nice to get out on the water and fish with a new friend.

Latest posts