Buck forage oats?

Jeff Phillips

Plant them between now and October 1.

If you want to mix them with something, wheat or grain rye will work well.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Throw in some rape and clover for good measure.

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
I planted Buck Forage Oats mixed with trophy radishes last year and the deer loved it.

JKnieper

Oats and peas first. Cover them up. Then come back over with your turnips, rape, kale and clover. These little seeds need to be planted less than 1/4 inch deep.

To expand the thread a little... Are Buck Forage oats worth the price premium over feed oats? I have always had good luck with plain old oats but have wondered if BFO really were better. I think they cost over twice as much.

L

liveoutside

i like Jkiepers question. i have work for a company that bought tons (literaly) of fescue from the guys that make buck forage oats. i talked to one of their reps and from what he said it's just a marketing ploy, no better than regualar oats

smalljawbasser

i doubt very seriously if you'll see any difference in deer preference for BFO vs regular spring oats.

plant half and half and test it out?

look up Dr. James Kroll's post on the internet in reference to people saying " its just as good as regular oats" the man has 20 years of study and knowledge of planting for whitetails , He endorses it and he means what he says:fine:

Latest posts