Panthers ?

BassHunter25

I know this is redundant, but a recent conversation has made me want to comment about it.

So, it is said they are not in GA. But some guy killed one a couple years ago in North Ga and got fined and lost his hunting license.

I know GON offered a 1000 dollar reward for proof of a panther in Ga, but you would get in trouble if you kill one, which technically is not here, you get in deep doo doo.

So, as far as I know no one has come forward with any proof, because they said the one the guy killed was a pet.

I recently talked to an "anonymous" person, who knows alot about our new property we are hunting. He said to be careful that they have killed two tan panthers, there, (one on our property and the other right next door). I don't know this man personally, but I don't think he is lying. My buddy also, swears he saw one (tan panther or cougar) on the side of the road one night in Oliver, Ga. So, I am becoming a believer.

I have decided to start taking my pistol turkey hunting with me now. But if one of those things were to come in on a setup, I think I would have to shoot it.

Would you shoot one?

GA DAWG

Id shoot a black un in a heartbeat! Not real worried about seeing a regular ol panther.

groundhawg

I know this is redundant, but a recent conversation has made me want to comment about it.

So, it is said they are not in GA. But some guy killed one a couple years ago in North Ga and got fined and lost his hunting license.

I know GON offered a 1000 dollar reward for proof of a panther in Ga, but you would get in trouble if you kill one, which technically is not here, you get in deep doo doo.

So, as far as I know no one has come forward with any proof, because they said the one the guy killed was a pet.

I recently talked to an "anonymous" person, who knows alot about our new property we are hunting. He said to be careful that they have killed two tan panthers, there, (one on our property and the other right next door). I don't know this man personally, but I don't think he is lying. My buddy also, swears he saw one (tan panther or cougar) on the side of the road one night in Oliver, Ga. So, I am becoming a believer.

I have decided to start taking my pistol turkey hunting with me now. But if one of those things were to come in on a setup, I think I would have to shoot it.

Would you shoot one?

Nope. No reason I can think of for shooting one unless it was attacking me or the kids. Can think of lots of reason why to not shoot one.

Rich Kaminski

I would always obey the laws

Now with that said: If there are no panthers in Georgia and I was to shoot one, then I guess I really didn't shoot one because it is impossible to shoot something that does not exist in the state where you are hunting; right?
Isn't that like shooting a Red Wolf??? The government said for years that the Red Wolf is extinct. Now we are beeginning to see them again. Now truth, I woould never in my lifetime shoot a Red Wolf (there would never be enough of them produced to make the government take them off the endangered species list), but if a panther were attempting to or actually attacking me - it would be DRT.

mountainraider68

If it was a black one for sure. i dont care who says there not here theres been to many ppl see one hear one and have stories since they were kids. for it all to be a fraud. im only 18 but ive probably heard 6 my whole life when you hear one you know for a fact there real and this is in North GA. Actually my grandpa was workin last year and he walked behind his house for some tools and one ran out in front of him from his shed. he said it was probably 3ft tall but had a tail 4 ft long. there real for sure!

shakey gizzard

If it was a black one for sure. i dont care who says there not here theres been to many ppl see one hear one and have stories since they were kids. for it all to be a fraud. im only 18 but ive probably heard 6 my whole life when you hear one you know for a fact there real and this is in North GA. Actually my grandpa was workin last year and he walked behind his house for some tools and one ran out in front of him from his shed. he said it was probably 3ft tall but had a tail 4 ft long. there real for sure!

Did it sound like a women being kilt?:pop:

NCMTNHunter

What got the guy in trouble a few years ago was that the one he shot turned out to be a Florida Panther which is endangered. If it had been a regular old cougar they never would have charged him with anything. The thing is you can't tell them apart without a DNA test. If I see one and it's not trying to make lunch out of me, I would round up the dogs and tree that bad boy. Then call DNR and let them come take a look.

benosmose

I have spent a lot of time in the woods more than most even dream of i have heard bobcats scream and yeah its hair raising sound but i have never seen any panther or cougar here no tracks nothing not saying there aint a couple of florida panthers in ga just very few and you should respect nature enough not to kill things we have pushed to the brink of extinction.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I wouldnt shoot it.
You probably dont have to worry about it. Our version is extra smart. They dont walk in front of trail cameras, get hit by cars or any of other stuff that happens to florida panthers and there western cousins.

10point

Seen them in tattnall county. Three of us seen them. Also see them charlton county too. But apparently there ghosts? Or giant bobcats with long long tails? :cheers:

crazy00hunter

I don't know if its a panther or not... But sure looks like one! This was off my cam in Walton county.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,033

HucK Finn

I don't know if its a panther or not... But sure looks like one! This was off my cam in Walton county.

Not to me..... further more why is the face blured out?

HucK Finn

How does a black panther sound versus a tan one?

Lots of people have seen bigfoot too, do you believe in that? ::ke:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Crazy00hunter,
How tall is the grass were its standing?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
looks like a gray fox to me.

T