Keeping quiet in the blind with my GSP pup

We got a GSP this year and I'll be taking him with me on at least half of my hunts. I'm only home on weekends and I have to relieve my wife from dog duty by taking him along. I'm hoping I can control him in the blind until I shoot a deer and then train him to track. I wonder if anyone has advice on how to deal with him. One concern I have is that he may bark or something when he hears squirrels, birds or other critters.

bruiserbuckgrower

Dog box with truck parked in the shade and plenty of water, used to have a lab that would "track" me to the stand and just lay under it, saw some does with him once and he chased off a coyote another time but usually didn't see much

rydert

Blue Heeler man
I carry my blue heeler with me every time I hunt out of a box blind or on the ground....she's no trouble at all, carried her since she was a puppy. She moves around a little bit but no more than me.

Reactions: Dub

rydert

Blue Heeler man
Do you do any kind of scent control on her? And do you have her track your hits?

I don't use any kind of scent control and luckily we have never had to track one, other than just walking straight to it. She is generally as happy as I am about killing one.

Reactions: Dub

Stroker

Google turkey hunting with dogs for some ideas. My only concern would be scent control.