Baiting Bill Passes Georgia Senate

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Both should be legal on their own property to avoid a instant conflict. Make it no big deal.

David Knight is the one making it a big deal. He's acting like a child and doesn't like the fact the majority of GA hunters want it legalized in the Northern Zone.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
David Knight is the one making it a big deal. He's acting like a child and doesn't like the fact the majority of GA hunters want it legalized in the Northern Zone.

He is addressing now all the issues that can and will arise and bite you if you decide to bait for deer and hog only. Listen closer to understand him. He is simply trying to protect himself along with you and me and the future hunters of tomorrow. That’s not childish. That is doing his job and doing it well.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
if the house changed the senate version wouldn't it have to go back to the senate to approve those changes

No. The bill then goes to a conference committee comprised of members from both the House and Senate. They reconcile the two bills and the final version then goes to both the House and Senate for a final vote on the new, reconciled bill.

That's the way it works in the US Congress too.

HM

No. The bill then goes to a conference committee comprised of members from both the House and Senate. They reconcile the two bills and the final version then goes to both the House and Senate for a final vote on the new, reconciled bill.

That's the way it works in the US Congress too.

I don't know about Congress, but in Georgia a conference committee is used if the chamber of origin doesn't approve the substitutions passed by the other chamber.

If the House passes this substitution it will return to the Senate, if the Senate doesn't approve it as substituted they will then put it back to the House to remove the substitution or stand as passed, if the House sticks to their substitution it may then got to conference committee.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I don't know about Congress, but in Georgia a conference committee is used if the chamber of origin doesn't approve the substitutions passed by the other chamber.

If the House passes this substitution it will return to the Senate, if the Senate doesn't approve it as substituted they will then put it back to the House to remove the substitution or stand as passed, if the House sticks to their substitution it may then got to conference committee.

You are correct. :cool:

lampern

He is addressing now all the issues that can and will arise and bite you if you decide to bait for deer and hog only. Listen closer to understand him. He is simply trying to protect himself along with you and me and the future hunters of tomorrow. That’s not childish. That is doing his job and doing it well.

Pro baiting folks just don't get that.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Pro baiting folks just don't get that.

And Residents will never get why Trolls who don't hunt here don't get the fact we don't want you here..

wks41

I'm a georgia resident born and raised. I don't want baiting in North Ga. The fact that this board has turned into a place for grown men to complain and wine all day long over differing opinions is the reason why This forum has gone way downhill. Everyone can voice their opinion whether you like it or not. The key is to go about it in a civil way. I don't want baiting but I'm not gonna get in a keyboard argument over it.

Jay Hughes

I'm a georgia resident born and raised. I don't want baiting in North Ga. The fact that this board has turned into a place for grown men to complain and wine all day long over differing opinions is the reason why This forum has gone way downhill. Everyone can voice their opinion whether you like it or not. The key is to go about it in a civil way. I don't want baiting but I'm not gonna get in a keyboard argument over it.

You just did and that is ok. It is a discussion forum where you will most definitely get differing opinions. I think other than some dealing with the out of state poster, most posts have been great. If you think otherwise, oh well, you are entitled to your opinion. Thank you for sharing!

:cheers: :hammers: