Creek Find...Heartbreaker.

Woodsman28

Found this one on a sandbar in a S.W GA creek. Hated to see it was broken, but any info anyone might have on it would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG-4010.jpg
    IMG-4010.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG-4011.jpg
    IMG-4011.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 910

Duff

Wow, that is a heartbreaker! Still a great find!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Possibly a Kirk Corner Notch. Shame that it has an ancient break. Nice water patina.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice. That one has a Lost Lake look about it to me.

walkinboss01

I thought clay too, but I'm definitely not an expert.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If it was resharpened a couple of times, it would be a Clay.

Ironically, the only Clay I`ve ever found had been turned into a scraper.

Pointpuller

If it was resharpened a couple of times, it would be a Clay.

Ironically, the only Clay I`ve ever found had been turned into a scraper.

Are you saying sharpening points changes the type????
As far as I know sharpening takes it from a 1st stage to a later stage but doesn't change the type.
It shares similarities to the KCN and Clay.
Son had a wide heart shaped point that was similar that he called a KCN. It was my favorite of his. The squared off ear had me leaning towards Clay.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Are you saying sharpening points changes the type????
As far as I know sharpening takes it from a 1st stage to a later stage but doesn't change the type.
It shares similarities to the KCN and Clay.
Son had a wide heart shaped point that was similar that he called a KCN. It was my favorite of his. The squared off ear had me leaning towards Clay.

Not really, but picture the point above with straight or slightly incurvate edges. Also, I`ve seen some really nice Kirk Corner Notch points that if they had resharpened beveled edges they would be a classic Lost Lake.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Not to hijack the thread but anyone got a guess on how old the one is? I've read where some points are dated back 1000 years or more.

DEERFU

I like to imagine how it got to where they are found. Could've wounded an animal that found it's way to the waterway to die