Athiest are bullies

PappyHoel

My last 2 bosses have been atheists.

WaltL1

Oh please..
Religions, in this case Christianity, has dominated and exerted its power on ALL of society since like forever and now that society has taken some small steps on keeping that power and dominance in check...... all the atheists are big bad bullies waaaaaahhhhhh.
If that's how most Christians feel about it then most Christians are insecure little whiney babies.
Atheist death connection? This kind of nonsense just makes you guys look foolish.
God supposedly wiped out an entire world besides a few lucky winning ticket holders and then you want to spit out ridiculous numbers of how many people Atheism has killed.
This kind of nonsense doesn't do Christians any favors and its exactly that line of thinking that society is now guarding against.

drippin' rock

Oh please..
Religions, in this case Christianity, has dominated and exerted its power on ALL of society since like forever and now that society has taken some small steps on keeping that power and dominance in check...... all the atheists are big bad bullies waaaaaahhhhhh.
If that's how most Christians feel about it then most Christians are insecure little whiney babies.
Atheist death connection? This kind of nonsense just makes you guys look foolish.
God supposedly wiped out an entire world besides a few lucky winning ticket holders and then you want to spit out ridiculous numbers of how many people Atheism has killed.
This kind of nonsense doesn't do Christians any favors and its exactly that line of thinking that society is now guarding against.

Once again you've expressed what I was thinking, so I'll just add that outspoken atheists are as annoying as outspoken Christians.

I always chuckle though when I read or hear about Christian persecution(in America).

non-believer: I don't agree with you. I don't think there is a god.

Christian: Stop! I'm being oppressed!

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

Perhaps I've run across a few atheists that might be considered bullies but for the most part they are decent folks.

I tend to look at atheists in this way -- in need of Christ but not able to stretch themselves beyond reason in into faith. Even as a believer I know that leap can be difficult for some. You couple that their view of our Christian hypocrisy and it adds fuel in their minds to stick to their reasoned approach! Yet if we are human, we are all hypocritical in one way or another. The obviously broken condition of man is exactly what Christ came to heal!

Look, if I believe Christ is my Savior and through that belief I am restored to right relationship with God, and if that belief provides me eternal life thru God's promise, I don't want to keep that truth but want the same for everyone! I did not change my hypocrisy by coming to Christ, only that He took it upon Him so that it would no longer rule me. It is impossible for me to convince you though! It's a journey you have to choose to take or not take! I simply hope you will at some point in your life!

Wish everyone here only the best and may you experience God in a real way!!! Someday!!!

oldfella1962

Oh please..

yeah wiping out 99.9 percent of the world before the first commercial break pretty much sets the standard for "bullying" does it not? :confused:
But wait it gets better - eternal torture in unending fire takes it to the next level. :mad:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
do you not think the writer has any valid points in his article?

WaltL1

do you not think the writer has any valid points in his article?
Any valid points get lost in the other 99% of excrement.
These writers are Christians enemies not Atheists.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I think its a case of the squeaky wheel that gets the oil in that for Christians it's the protesting counter-cultural atheist that forms their stereotype of the whole lot. If you're an atheist, it's the hypocritical co-worker or the televangelist caught in a scandal that forms your stereotype. There are militant atheist (Richard Dawkins and his group come to mind), and militant Christians (could name several in my church), but I don't find they represent the majority of their belief. In fact, I think one would be hard pressed to identify a self identifying Christian in name only(CINOs) and a secular non-believer by their actions, if one was not told. A Christian that lives out his walk with Christ doesn't have to tell anyone. His behavior makes him "different". If it doesn't, .....

As to the philosophical points in the article I find them valid, but do not agree that his portrait represents the body of athiest, only the boisterous ones.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I do know some atheist that are as described in the article. And, I know some Christians that are snobby and arrogant too. ( I’m speaking personally and not anyone on this forum)

WaltL1

I do know some atheist that are as described in the article. And, I know some Christians that are snobby and arrogant too. ( I’m speaking personally and not anyone on this forum)
Of course!
People are people whether Christian or Atheist or Buddhist or.... Some are snobby, some are arrogant, some are bullies, some are left handed, some have blue eyes, or are tall or short or............
Its these type of writers, whether they be Christian or Atheist that are INTENTIONALLY deceiving their readers to believe that the extremes represent the majorities and its just a lie.

ky55

Its these type of writers, whether they be Christian or Atheist that are INTENTIONALLY deceiving their readers to believe that the extremes represent the majorities and its just a lie.

They have to do something to try and slow the tide.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Any valid points get lost in the other 99% of excrement.
These writers are Christians enemies not Atheists.

so I take that as a complete dismissal of his points, even though you know that there are atheist out there who do those things and validate to some degree his points????

WaltL1

so I take that as a complete dismissal of his points, even though you know that there are atheist out there who do those things and validate to some degree his points????
He invalidates his own points right from the get go -
Today's atheists are bullies -- and they are doing their best to intimidate the rest of us into silence.
That's a blanket statement that any thinking person knows is false.
His points are just as valid as if I said "Westboro Baptist represents the Christians of today".
Westboro Baptists are Christians and its today but that doesn't make my blanket statement anything other than a pile of crap.
If you intentionally start out with a pile of crap you invalidate the rest of what you have to say even if you sprinkle in a half truth here and there.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
He invalidates his own points right from the get go -

That's a blanket statement that any thinking person knows is false.
His points are just as valid as if I said "Westboro Baptist represents the Christians of today".
Westboro Baptists are Christians and its today but that doesn't make my blanket statement anything other than a pile of crap.
If you intentionally start out with a pile of crap you invalidate the rest of what you have to say even if you sprinkle in a half truth here and there.

OK... so you don't want to converse about his valid points. I get it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Yes, there are some atheists who are obnoxious bullies. There was also the Spanish inquisition, the Salem witch trials, Islamic jihadism, the Hindu genocide of Sikhs, etc. Atheism certainly doesn't have a corner on the you-will-conform bully market.

Artfuldodger

I know a few arrogant Atheist, homosexuals, and Republicans. I also know some nice Yankees, Democrats, and Christians.

I don't see Atheism in the light the report says. If one considers how society has viewed their lack of non-belief, compare that to the Blacks in the sixties. Were they uppity because they were oppressed and wanted equal rights?
Even now there are some that just stir the pot on equal rights. You do have people who go to an extreme. Maybe it helps the rest of us see a balance.
There has to always be some in the minority groups that bring attention to their cause. Some do go overboard and others look at it as them having an "agenda."

Maybe some of what the link suggests could be looked at if we reversed the word Atheist for Christian. If one was a Christian being the minority in a country of Atheist.

Artfuldodger

I was halfway seeing some of the points such as nations of Atheist killing a lot more people than Christian nations when I read this;

"Atheists don’t believe in God, so they don’t believe in any transcendent, objective moral law. Nor do they believe that human beings are made in the image of God, and so they don’t believe humans possess infinite value and dignity."

The writer is assuming that Atheist don't have any morals and see no value in human life. Then using this as a reason why they kill so many folks and are arrogant.

He lost his credibility.

Artfuldodger

Was thinking about the Native Americans before the white man showed up. Could he get his morality from believing in a Pagan God?
I don't think they saw themselves as being made in the image of God yet they knew humans has value and dignity.

Some Native Americans lived in harmony with nature, were generous, devoted, unselfish, innocent, unable to lie, courageous, and in good physical form.

There are people of other religions that do not believe they are made in the image of God but still believe humans possess infinite value and dignity.