New state park hunt

ThatredneckguyJamie

So I've been collecting pref points waiting on the next state park hunt to open that hasn't been hunted in a few years...when and what do you suppose that might be? Are there any around like this? Anyone know what kind of schedule they're on with this?

Ohoopee Tusker

Some parks have hunts each season while others skip a year. If you are asking about a new park hunt, you won't know about it until they let it be known. Reg book or the quota hunt page will show you the yrs/hunts.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Looks to me like the state park hunts are dwindling

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Only 5 choices this year:

Hard Labor Creek
Chattahoochee Bend
Panola Mountain
Red Top Mountain
Tugaloo

And Tugaloo is a low number and archery only

7Mag Hunter

Only 5 choices this year:

Hard Labor Creek
Chattahoochee Bend
Panola Mountain
Red Top Mountain
Tugaloo

HLC and Chatt Bend are best choices....I have hunted
both and taken does....Great camp sites w/water and power....Great staff too!!!

Red Top Mtn is poor choice.....I live 20 mins away and hike the trails and fish there and see very little deer sign....

misterpink

All 4 of the deer left on Red Top mountain are doing fine. The reports of one of them being seen in daylight are absolutely false.

Seriously though, that big cull they did back 15-20 years ago was the biggest flop of a management technique I've ever witnessed. I'm still mad about it.

bucktail

Does anyone have an old map of Red Top back when they did a hunt a while back? Was wanting to see the closed areas.

XJfire75

I have 6 points saved waiting for something that's new or not 4 hours away from me. There's a ton of state parks, you'd think DNR would open 1-2 to reduce a few populations at least every couple of years.