MAGA point

Al White

Red White and Blue :) Not sure of what it really is, but whoever had it, sharpened it and got all they could out if it.

Attachments

• point1.jpg
    point1.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 977
  • point2.jpg
    point2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 973

dtala

Coastal Plains chert, heat treated. Hard to tell type, need a flatter profile pic.

nice find

GeorgiaGlockMan

As a bow hunter, I always get a chuckle out of seeing stone Arrowheads that are used up or resharpened alot.

I have a couple mutiple use, modern day arrowheads resharpened with a couple quick passes on a hone stone. Others have been "retired" and hung with deer mounts. Other "best flying" arrows have been lost in the field (but not without allot search time).

After a quick thank you for living when/where I do, I like to wonder if the fella who lost it was as "upset" as me when I loose a good one on a miss. Or how many animals were provided for him/family with that arrowhead. Or even IF they even considered that one lucky or not...

Anyway great find congrats.

Clifton Hicks

Very nice. Hard to say what it is, but judging by the size and general shape it is probably Late Archaic/Early Woodland Period. These type of heavier, stemmed points appear to have been used as both spearpoints and knives. Like a prehistoric multitool.

Al White

Here is a shot of the point, with a few others I've picked up over the past few months.

Attachments

• points2.jpg
    points2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 376