Sweet Spot Plot

dutchman

Here's all the proof anyone should need that deer like Sweet Spot. They are keeping that rye grass mowed pretty well.

I have plenty of photos that also demonstrate that they're either used to the camera or like the Sweet Spot so well that you just can't hardly run 'em outta the plot. In fact, 61 pictures in 8 days from this camera, all of deer in this plot.

Attachments

• 134..jpg
    134..jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • 135..jpg
    135..jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,302

hunter_58

very nice !!
I wish we had some kind of side by side comparison !
We just got back from the hunting land, and they are eating the plots down like crazy.
Food is very scarce now i believe.

R

redneckcamo

our plots look like lil match sticks stickin up ..where the greenery was is now just a nubbery..............

dutchman

very nice !!
I wish we had some kind of side by side comparison !
We just got back from the hunting land, and they are eating the plots down like crazy.
Food is very scarce now i believe.

One of the reasons for planting this little plot was to keep them outta my wife's shrubs.:bounce:

davidhelmly

Dang Dutch, it sure looks like they love it. I have been trying to find a dealer here in GA that carries their seed but haven't had any luck. Do you know of any? I emailed Sucra Seed yesterday asking about dealers. I would like to try a little of it this year to see how it does.

Thebody

Where can you get the seed? I would like to try it, but the closest place the website listed was in SC.

Is it a rye grass that woul take over or could you plant it 1/2 and 1/2 with something else?

dixie

Beautiful Dutch, those deer look to be in great shape for this time of year

hunter_58

Beautiful Dutch, those deer look to be in great shape for this time of year

Plump and tasty :fine:

Look at the closest deer in the bottom photo looks like arrow bulls eye on it's shoulder

hunter_58

One of the reasons for planting this little plot was to keep them outta my wife's shrubs.:bounce:

I've got a little seed, so I'm thinking i'm going to plant a late winter, early spring spot.
I also need to get and learn how to use one of those cameras. I could get hooked on that!!!!!

dutchman

Where can you get the seed? I would like to try it, but the closest place the website listed was in SC.

Is it a rye grass that woul take over or could you plant it 1/2 and 1/2 with something else?

It's a mix. And the rye grass is different than the rye grass we're used to, or so they say.

gadeerwoman

Price is going to have to drop some before anyone can use it for large plots. Right now it's higher than just about any seed on the market for the coverage you get.

Swarm

Sweet Spot

Awesome looking plot Dutch. When was it planted? Hope the deer don't eat it down to close. It will be very interesting to see how it does when the heat and humidity turn up down there. By the way, Athens Seed in Watkinsville, GA will have Sweet Spot in inventory in a few weeks.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Swarm will Deasons carry it again?

Swarm

Not sure if Deasons will have it or not Flash. They won't have it cheap like they did last Fall that's for sure. Turns out that was a pricing error.

hunter_58

Not sure if Deasons will have it or not Flash. They won't have it cheap like they did last Fall that's for sure. Turns out that was a pricing error.

I want about 10 bags of the pricing error variety:)

dutchman

Awesome looking plot Dutch. When was it planted? Hope the deer don't eat it down to close. It will be very interesting to see how it does when the heat and humidity turn up down there. By the way, Athens Seed in Watkinsville, GA will have Sweet Spot in inventory in a few weeks.

Planted the Saturday after Thanksgiving.