kill flash 2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,521
  • kill flash 1.jpg
    kill flash 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,100
Last edited:

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've looked at that before, but unless you are an operator and have a need to keep your position from being detected, I can't really see why you need it. Does it help reduce glare from the shooter's end too...like when you're looking in the direction of the sun?

Gentleman4561

I dont see the need of it on a everyday hunting or target rifle? I would love to hear an explanation.

and if there isnt one...Its looks cool! haha

bighonkinjeep

Thanks for posting. The last one I bought for a vortex was $35.
Many of the modern lens coatings are highly reflective and will definitely give away your position to wary game animals.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Did you use 15 degree or 25 degree material? It seems like the 15 degree would be pretty thick. I'm not sure what type of material the Killflash uses..

Kendallbearden

Big spider lover
The only problem I see with it is this...Most of the time those big ole wise bucks don't step out until it is almost dark. Those last few minutes of shooting light may be your only time to take a shot on a big buck. I saw a ton of deer come out into my food plot last year right at dark. I want a scope that is going to let in as much light as possible, so that i can sit, and safely shoot as late as possible.

RW23T

The only problem I see with it is this...Most of the time those big ole wise bucks don't step out until it is almost dark. Those last few minutes of shooting light may be your only time to take a shot on a big buck. I saw a ton of deer come out into my food plot last year right at dark. I want a scope that is going to let in as much light as possible, so that i can sit, and safely shoot as late as possible.

EXACTLY!!!!! I can't tell you how many bucks I've killed that were only taken because of the $1000 light gathering piece of glass on top of my rifle.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
It is illegal to shoot 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sun rise. :hair: :stir:

gt40

:eek:

By the way, what scope is that? I think it looks familiar...

Kendallbearden

Big spider lover
It is illegal to shoot 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sun rise. :hair: :stir:

gt40

Yes it is. Here is a scenario for you that happened to me last year. It was late November, so it was already getting dark early. I don't remember exactly what time, so lets say 7 o' clock. As soon as the sun went down and it started getting dusk, I had a deer walk out in my food plot about 100 yards away. It was a big bodied deer, but I didn't see any antlers. I was hunting in Talbot county, so we could shoot does year round, but all bucks had to have at least 4 points on one side. So when the deer stepped out, i figured it was a big doe. I put my 3-9 scope on it and zoomed all the way in. It was only then that I was able to see the little spikes sticking up behind his ears. I lowered my scope and looked with my eyes, and I couldn't see them. I was still within legal shooting time and light, but had I not had my good light gathering scope, I may have just thought it was a doe, and accidently shot a little buck.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
:eek:

By the way, what scope is that? I think it looks familiar...

It is a Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA with a custom turret.

The target was the first time I adjusted the scope for three 400 yard shots to see if the custom turret was accurate. :D

gt40

Attachments

• 400 yd target.jpg
    400 yd target.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,172
  • bling 4.jpg
    bling 4.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 944
  • pst 2.jpg
    pst 2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 959
  • 200 yd. zero.jpg
    200 yd. zero.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yesterday at dawn the kill flash cut down on the light some, but I could have made a shot at that time. About 8:30 am the sun was coming over the trees on the other side of the field I was watching. I tried to look at the bottom of the trees which let the sun go almost directly into the scope. All I could see was the honeycomb pattern reflected into the eye piece. I guess I will remove it.

gt40

Last edited: