`Shrooms and Blooms

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Magnolia blossoms for The Lady, and chanterelle mushrooms for me. I found the Mother Lode a little while ago, and got an onion sack full. And the swamp is slam full of garden spiders. I got enough of them varmints and webs in my whiskers to start a horror movie.

Attachments

• shroomsnblooms.jpg
    shroomsnblooms.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 599

StateOfBaker

Looks like you had a good day too. I know a ten pound pecan sack when I see one.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Very nice mess!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ended up with a couple of pounds, and they all got put up for the winter. Had 4 frying pans full.

Attachments

• chanters1.jpg
    chanters1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 473
  • chanters2.jpg
    chanters2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 473

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Gathered another sackful a little while ago, along with some suspected cinnabars. Doing some research now to verify on them. If so, I`ll go back and get some more of them that I left in the woods.

Attachments

• cinnabar1.jpg
    cinnabar1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 417
  • cinnabar2.jpg
    cinnabar2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 417

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, what a haul. Yep, those look like cinnabars. If they have cross-ridges between the "gills," for sure.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Nic, you are smart to cut'em loose from the ground. Not only are they easier to clean before cooking, it helps preserve the underground structure. Yep, cinnibars. Gil

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They made a fine omelette. It wasn`t real purty, but it was mighty good with some of our homegrown eggs.

Attachments

• cinn1.jpg
    cinn1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 323

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hey Nick, how to you put them up for the winter?

Gil (GLS) taught me how. I wash em to remove any dirt, dry them good, and lightly fry them in a mix of olive oil and butter. I only fry them for a minute or two, then i put them in vacuum seal containers with some of the olive oil and butter, then seal and freeze. I know this method will last for a year and they still be good.

Thanks again, Gil. :cheers:

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Gil (GLS) taught me how. I wash em to remove any dirt, dry them good, and lightly fry them in a mix of olive oil and butter. I only fry them for a minute or two, then i put them in vacuum seal containers with some of the olive oil and butter, then seal and freeze. I know this method will last for a year and they still be good.

Thanks again, Gil. :cheers:

Awesome, thanks! Been meaning to take up mushroom hunting.