Question about warm water fishing in Cobb/Paulding area

Does anyone have any recommendations for creeks/rivers/ponds/lakes with public access in the west Cobb/Paulding county area? I was looking to find a place to take my 3wt and catch some bream and small bass.

Not looking for any secret spots or honey holes, just a place to go wet a line that isn't too far from the house.

Thanks!

fishndoc

Well, there are a couple of small ponds at the Lost Mountain park on Dallas Highway. Lots and lots of fishing pressure, but always good for some small bream and maybe a bass or two.

ripplerider

When we lived there (Dallas) in the late 60s and early 70s we fished Raccoon and Pumpkinvine creeks a lot. I have no idea whether there's any public access now, back then no-one posted their land. We moved to the mountains when I was 13.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
IDK-is Goldmine Lake still part of the WMA? I see it on Google Maps just southwest of the silver comet field (airport)...
I haven't been there since the mid-80s...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
... Sweetwater Creek State Park just below I-20 near Thornton Road.

Anvil Head

Etowah below 'Toona dam if you like a good float. Just need to be motorized to get back to ramp. Take out down at 41 is pretty rough.

Burger74

white oak park off 61 in dallas has three ponds loaded with bream and a few small bass. any top water fly and you can catch a ton.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Just south of New Georgia, on 61, make a left onto Sweetwater church rd. They call it lilly pad lake, for good reason too...
It's privately owned and cost $5.00 a head to get in. There's actually 3 separate bodies of water. I take my kayak or canoe down there when ever i get a chance. There's plenty of bank fishing available as well. You can tear up some bass and bluegill out there. I've never caught any huge bass, but the small ones are plentiful.