Been a while

hobbs27

So nothing is really literal or physical. It is all about metaphors, multiple interpretations, and embellishment.

This makes more sense to me than taking the bible AS the direct undisputed, mean what he says word of god.

It's not one or the other, it's a combination. Prophesy is usually very figurative. It's Hebraic apocalyptic language. It's funny how some people demand a strict literal interpretation of the second coming and day of the Lord, yet read and accept the obvious figurative languages of what we all agree are past days of the Lord.

When Micah prophesied of the destruction in 586 bc he said God would come down and the mountains would melt under His feet. There's many more figurative examples, when compared to the destruction in 70ad , it's just as figurative. It's foolish to deny the language.

atlashunter

That's a nice buffet to choose from. Something for everybody.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It's not one or the other, it's a combination. Prophesy is usually very figurative. It's Hebraic apocalyptic language. It's funny how some people demand a strict literal interpretation of the second coming and day of the Lord, yet read and accept the obvious figurative languages of what we all agree are past days of the Lord.

When Micah prophesied of the destruction in 586 bc he said God would come down and the mountains would melt under His feet. There's many more figurative examples, when compared to the destruction in 70ad , it's just as figurative. It's foolish to deny the language.
Why would God have anyone prophesied anything?

On this day the Lord said this will happen, this person named _____ is going to do it and it will be exactly at this hour and minute. Or any other combo of precise and concise detail thay a god would know.

Foolish would be to deny these writings are anything but a culture trying to glorify it's history with religion just like all other cultures did.

j_seph

Well my wife was diagnosed Stage 2 diastolic heart failure about 1 1/2 to 2 year ago:( She would walk to mailbox and back out of breathe. She had her test done today and they asked why was she there, she explained and they told her they could not see anything wrong with her heart. Wait, she was taking diuretics a year ago every other day for water retention. Yet today she can walk 5 to 10 miles, no diuretics and her heart looks normal? Yeah, that's my God with a big "G". Keep praying for y'all

660griz

Well my wife was diagnosed Stage 2 diastolic heart failure about 1 1/2 to 2 year ago:( She would walk to mailbox and back out of breathe. She had her test done today and they asked why was she there, she explained and they told her they could not see anything wrong with her heart. Wait, she was taking diuretics a year ago every other day for water retention. Yet today she can walk 5 to 10 miles, no diuretics and her heart looks normal? Yeah, that's my God with a big "G". Keep praying for y'all

Awesome. If I were you and your wife, I wouldn't go to the doctor ever again. Waste of time and money.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
To say that I am happy for your wife's health improvement is an understatement.

What did your god specifically do that improved her health.?

j_seph

To say that I am happy for your wife's health improvement is an understatement.

What did your god specifically do that improved her health.?
For starters the Heart Failure no longer shows up.
She went from 4 to 5 pills per day, depending on the day to only 1 of those. Let's see, our mailbox that would have her out of breathe is 30 yards flat ground, and we can on any given day make a 2 mile walk at a fast pace without issues. Even her doctor asked her last visit what had she done to change her report then, compared to the prior visit because he could not explain it either. Why the meds she had to take to keep her BP in check for a year had all of a sudden caused it to be dangerously low and without them it was good.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
For starters the Heart Failure no longer shows up.
She went from 4 to 5 pills per day, depending on the day to only 1 of those. Let's see, our mailbox that would have her out of breathe is 30 yards flat ground, and we can on any given day make a 2 mile walk at a fast pace without issues. Even her doctor asked her last visit what had she done to change her report then, compared to the prior visit because he could not explain it either. Why the meds she had to take to keep her BP in check for a year had all of a sudden caused it to be dangerously low and without them it was good.
I understand the changes.
What exactly did your god do that is evidence of a gods actions?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Has her weight changed? Eating habits the same?
Smoker? Quit?
Exercise habits?

j_seph

I understand the changes.
What exactly did your god do that is evidence of a gods actions?
We have prayed for this, we have walked closer with him since all this had started, he answered prayers we have asked.

j_seph

Has her weight changed? Eating habits the same?
Smoker? Quit?
Exercise habits?
Actually my wife ran 3 to 5 miles per day a year before all this started.
Never smoked
Dyostolic heart failure comes from one side of heart not relaxing to draw in enough blood in order to replenish what it just pumped through.
She actually gained weight in the last year, and does not exercise.
Eating habits have not changed.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Actually my wife ran 3 to 5 miles per day a year before all this started.
Never smoked
Dyostolic heart failure comes from one side of heart not relaxing to draw in enough blood in order to replenish what it just pumped through.
She actually gained weight in the last year, and does not exercise.
Eating habits have not changed.
Let me see if I have this straight so far.
Your wife was able to run 3-5 niles per day prior.
Within a year she was unable to to walk to the mailbox without stopping to catch her breath.
She was diagnosed with Stage 2 Diastolic Heart Faliure.
She took 4 to 5 doses of medicine a day for a year.(do you know what they were?)
She still takes 1 a day (do you know what it is?)
From her last checkup to the one previously she is totally healed and has no heart disease?
She was fairly fit but has gained weight since not being able to run.
She never smoked.
She eats as normally would. Would you consider that a healthy diet or somewhat moderate of a variety of everything or unhealthy but has not changed?

Is this correct?

atlashunter

Awesome. If I were you and your wife, I wouldn't go to the doctor ever again. Waste of time and money.

That's what I'm thinking. This is proof. Couldn't possibly have a natural explanation.

atlashunter

I wonder why it is that god heals hearts but never restores missing limbs? God must hate amputees.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Jseph, has she had the same cardiologist through the whole ordeal?

j_seph

Jseph, has she had the same cardiologist through the whole ordeal?

Yes she has from day 1 when she was carried to ER with a BP of 180 something over 150 something and was actually having trouble seeing due to BP so high