Rotary tiller suggestions

gordylew

I'm contemplating buying a 4' rotary tiller. I have a 27 hp Farmtrac tractor that shows 23.7 hp at the PTO. I've been looking at a few different ones online. Countyline from tractor supply and Kingcutter from Northern are two. Any other brands that are good and won't break the bank on initial purchase and later repair?

280bst

I've have had 3 last two from Owens in Homer it's a 5ft. the ones at Tractor Supply look to be about the same I just like to deal local. Just make sure you get 1 with the H.D. tines and ask them how much the tines are and how hard to get I know you will have to order them when needed also I learned the hard way with the 1st one I had they are not made to break new ground Good Luck with your choice

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
There a guy in Waverly hall that sells them.I have had mine for 4 years and are going to replace the tines shortly.

Ihunt

Tillers do beautiful work and make the dirt look like you're a farmer but they are slow. IMO they are the perfect piece of equipment for small plots in the woods where a harrow just can not get it done.

glynr329

I have a 6 foot put new tine 3 or 4 years ago looks like I have a few more years before changing them. I use all purpose plow on plow on the plots that has a lot of red dirt then tiller. Mine works great especially if you have trees. I would not take anything for mine saves me a lot of time.

smitty

I have a 5 foot king cutter on a 30hp Massey.4x4,Ive had it 16 years now have changed the tines once, had a heavy duty back cover made as well as feet .I use mine to till in the fertilizer and seed after I have plowed and disk the area up. Leaves a nice firm level seed bed with the seed at the preferred depth I want. Just don't think your going out and tilling up new ground with it because your not.. Good luck