2465 more small mouth stocked

spkoli

Super excited about this. I hope they flourish. I love smallies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Super excited about this. I hope they flourish. I love smallies.

I'm not optimistic, if there are still spots in the lake. The smallmouth were already flourishing there until some idiot dumped the spots in.

And yep, smallmouth are fine fish. I wouldn't trade catching one smallmouth for a dozen largemouth. I am lucky to live where they are common-I can walk out of my driveway, go a couple hundred yards down the road, and be catching smallmouth.

ripplerider

I've been lucky enough to catch several nice smallies this year both in Lake Blue Ridge and Lake Hiwassee. A 4 lb. smallmouth on 8 lb. test line is a world of fun. We fished Chatuge Monday talk about frustrating we had fish breaking all around us most of the morning but could only put 3 spots in the boat. They were nice ones though. We threw everything we could think of at them in addition to free-lining and down-rigging blue herring. All 3 came off free-lined bait. We got to watch a bald eagle for quite a while.

torchedplatypi

Any suggestions on where to find them when I do make it up there?

Do they park up on main lake points and med-deep timber/cover like spots? I was under the impression they behave more aggressively than largemouths, somewhere between them and spots, but on the whole I'm unfamiliar with them.