Eggplant Parm

ryork

Have more eggplant than I know what do with lately in spite of too much rain. Have been using them about every way you can. My favorite is eggplant parmesan.

Start by making a sauce by sweating out some onions, celery, onion and garlic. Add some freshly chopped tomatoes, a bunch of fresh herbs, some red wine, a little chicken stock, and some tomato paste. Let that cook down a for a couple of hours and then hit it with a blender before a little more simmering.

Fried up some panko crusted eggplant slices. Put a healthy dose of freshly grated parmesan and some of the sauce between some stacked slices, then a little more on top before finishing off with some mozzarella on the top.

All then baked in the over for 20 min or so. Served up with some pan sautéed green beans.

Attachments

• 8-10 (1).jpg
    8-10 (1).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 8-10 (2).jpg
    8-10 (2).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 8-10 (3).jpg
    8-10 (3).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 8-10 (4).jpg
    8-10 (4).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 8-10 (5).jpg
    8-10 (5).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 214
  • 8-10 (6).jpg
    8-10 (6).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 213

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Mercy Ryork! Another home run! Your batting average is off the charts! Nicely done man!

ryork

That looks excellent! I bread cut up slices and freeze them for later when I have a lot. [/QUT

Thanks! Do they freeze well? Was thinking about giving that a try, but given their texture wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!! :clap:

DeerHunterTom

Next time try putting some prepared ricotta cheese in.
16oz ricotta cheese
About 1/2 tbs garlic powder
And 1 tbs parsley
1 egg

Mix well and dollop it in between layers.
I think you'll love it!

rospaw

Have more eggplant than I know what do with lately in spite of too much rain. Have been using them about every way you can. My favorite is eggplant parmesan.

Start by making a sauce by sweating out some onions, celery, onion and garlic. Add some freshly chopped tomatoes, a bunch of fresh herbs, some red wine, a little chicken stock, and some tomato paste. Let that cook down a for a couple of hours and then hit it with a blender before a little more simmering.

Fried up some panko crusted eggplant slices. Put a healthy dose of freshly grated parmesan and some of the sauce between some stacked slices, then a little more on top before finishing off with some mozzarella on the top.

All then baked in the over for 20 min or so. Served up with some pan sautéed green beans.

Ryork, Do you salt and wrap eggplant in paper towels for a few mins before breading? (to take some moisture out of the eggpplant)