Overnighter in progress....

Dub

Second run on the WSM was last night.

I used a loaded pellet tube below the charcoal grate.

You can see it smoking away as I loaded my firebox with Kingsford Pro, pellets and cherry chunks. I dumped hot coals on top and then assembled the WSM on top.

Did a homebrew rub for the semi-trimmed fatty side...

Used my favorite brisket rub on the meaty side.

Put it to bed purring like a kitten.......

Checked on it this morning......still purring away.

Brisket temp still a was off from being ready.....

Dub

This little table is proving to be handy when set up next to the WSM.

Has some cutouts to lock in the little 18" Jumbo Joe.

Went ahead and dumped a load of coals from the starter and let 'em run for a few hours as we got caught up on Game of Thrones and then threw some burgers on three hours later.

Duff

:cool:

Most excellent ! Looking forward to the slice!

JHannah92

Looking good. We had some sho nuff good brisket in Texas last month and I've been craving more ever since.

Dub

:cool:

Most excellent ! Looking forward to the slice!

Thanks. Gonna slice it later on tonight to box up lunches for wife, son and I.

Looking good. We had some sho nuff good brisket in Texas last month and I've been craving more ever since.

I can't imagine how good those samplings must have been.

I was introduced to brisket for the first time in my life at or around age 30 on a couple month work trip to Oklahoma City.

Every corner seemed to have an excellent steak house....was hard to make the decision to order brisket....glad I did. Changed my life. :bounce:

Dang! How many days did you leave that on there?
That's some serious bark.

18 hours.

Dub

Not a fan of this brisket. Been sitting in the fridge most of the afternoon.

Bark is good.

Juicy and tender.

Smoke flavor is lacking.

Next time I cook on the WSM I'm leaving the water out of the pan and see how it does.

Dub

Home from work tonight and found son famished.

I figured we'd need to eat some of this sammich-grade brisket......in sammiches.

Warmed up enough for three sammiches.

Did a batch of home fries for him.

Two eggs made ready....one for my brisket sammich....was hoping he'd try one, but he declined. Shame, because it's a game changer for certain.

His pair...

My solo....

Agent 732

Looks great Dub, always enjoy your posts. You ever on the Kamado Joe FB grilling, smoking, and more FB page? Some guys are almost up to your par posting food pics.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks mighty good! I always look forward to your cooking threads, except they make me immediately hungry. :cheers:

I ain't never cooked on laying mash, though? ::ke: :bounce:

Dub

Looks great Dub, always enjoy your posts. You ever on the Kamado Joe FB grilling, smoking, and more FB page? Some guys are almost up to your par posting food pics.

Thanks. I generally steer clear of FB......generally.

Cheater! ::ke::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(I got one too. :bounce:)

:cool: Bigtime cheating, too. Set it and forget it. The Guru takes over and runs rock steady.

That looks mighty good! I always look forward to your cooking threads, except they make me immediately hungry. :cheers:

I ain't never cooked on laying mash, though? ::ke: :bounce:

Thanks, man. :cool:

Those pellets look funny in the pic, but I promise you they look even funnier when they get wet. I learned the hard way when I fumbled and dumped a water pan all over a batch of coals loaded with pellets. :banginghe

Kwaksmoka

Looks great, brisket on point! The brisket egg Sammy looks amazing! could use one now, thanks for sharing Dub.