Deer Growling??? On deer and deer hunting tv show.

beginnersluck

I was watching this last night and they showed footage of mature bucks "GROWLING". It was the weirdest thing I've heard. They say that the bucks growl when they are frustrated, angry, or in presence of estrous does. It really did sound like a growling bear or something. The odd thing about it, is that within minutes many bucks came running in to investigate. They had several different pieces of footage on different days and different parts of the U.S. Anyways, M.A.D calls supposedly developed a call that makes the same sounds as the growl coming from the bucks. Did anyone else happen to catch this program?

stev

Banned
I was at BP today and didnt find anything for growling for deer.Where do i get this growler at?

GA DAWG

They had some at outdoor traditions in dawsonville.I'm pretty sure they already sold out.Maybe will get some more in because I'll have to get me one.

stev

Banned
GA DAWG said:
They had some at outdoor traditions in dawsonville.I'm pretty sure they already sold out.Maybe will get some more in because I'll have to get me one.
thnx ill givem a try

Snakeman

........and more are hooked and reeled in by the latest hunting gadget.

The Snakeman

jbarron

BANNED
I got that recorded and can't wait to show my hunting partner. We both heard that noise in the woods one morning before daylight. Thought it might have been a bear or hog.

stev

Banned
Snakeman said:
........and more are hooked and reeled in by the latest hunting gadget.

The Snakeman
Gadgets are maybe good.ill try differnet things and if it dont work throw away.and go back to my stuff that i know works for me.Its like the fawn bleat .how many use them?baaaa

high tech. hunter

Buck growl call

Let us know when and where you find one. As my name implies, I try to stay on the cutting edge.

patterstdeer

Deer Growl

If you go to Obseionarchery they sell it on there and there is also a pretty nice little video clip about the actual sound. Looks like another new toy for the backpack

Trizey

I've heard bucks make the growl and other people have too. Everyone thought we were crazy.

i have been in the woods way more than i ever should have, and have never heard a deer growl. i have heard variations of grunting sounds, a sort of clicking/popping type noise, bleats and bawls...but never growls. i do think gadgetry is run amock. the ''industrial'' direction our sport is heading demands cash flow, thus useless gadgets must be invented and sold...something new each year. i am all for good equipment, though. if something really works, it will stand the test of time. i'll stick w/ the time tested stuff, and keep my money in my pockets. as for the drury bunch, their calls are basically junk, mass produced crap. their credibility went out the window with that stupid gobbler whistle, ten yrs ago. i do ,however, hope most all of ya'll buy one and growl up a storm. ought to keep the deer moving!

Lostoutlaw

tearbritches said:
i have been in the woods way more than i ever should have, and have never heard a deer growl. i have heard variations of grunting sounds, a sort of clicking/popping type noise, bleats and bawls...but never growls. i do think gadgetry is run amock. the ''industrial'' direction our sport is heading demands cash flow, thus useless gadgets must be invented and sold...something new each year. i am all for good equipment, though. if something really works, it will stand the test of time. i'll stick w/ the time tested stuff, and keep my money in my pockets. as for the drury bunch, their calls are basically junk, mass produced crap. their credibility went out the window with that stupid gobbler whistle, ten yrs ago. i do ,however, hope most all of ya'll buy one and growl up a storm. ought to keep the deer moving!

I'm still in the floor laughing my A..off cause you just said a complete mouth full o Truth...............:pop: :pop:

high tech. hunter

new buck growl call

:banginghe remember, you have to have deer on your land for anything to work. another $20 experiment won't kill me. gets boring out there with the same equipment, trees to look at etc... every year. maybe this will keep me from playing poker on my cell phone so much in the stand.

Lostoutlaw

I don't look at or for nothing but what I'm in the woods after.
It be Deer or Turkey and I get what I hunt for.

MoeBirds

I have the latest Drury DVD's and they're really pushing this a their latest call of course, but after watching the film of deer making these noises I realised I too have heard this sound in the woods:confused: ?!
I was hnuting a few years ago in Randolph County and somewhere back behind me in the thick stuff that exact sound was made, as what appears on the film :eek: !!
Had I known it was a buck I might've pulled out my doe bleat and had something happen, but instead I dismissed it as whatever and sat still and never saw him:( .

:type: I do think the fact that I was hunting on an extremely well managed Trophy property, where the buck to doe ratio was kept in-check, probably had an impact on this rutting behavior. Big bucks will act different if their are fewer does to breed and more mature bucks in the game IMO.

The Drury Bros. do hunt on equally well managed properties, so I assume this is why we're hearing it on some places but maybe not in others ?!

Horatio

Yeah I saw the growl on dseason. I think I could make that sound with my current grunt call. As a matter of fact. During the rut and with a few too many ounces of coffee in me I think I have.