This is why I only take 10 sec videos!

Pate55

Truth is, I enjoy setting cameras up and checking them more than the actual hunt. A few years ago I switched to 10 second videos only and have never looked back. Back before I switched to videos I would have only seen the deer or maybe a blurred dog tail.

Check it Out!!!

rosewood

Nice. I have used video and did often see chasing going on, buck after doe and other things. It does give you more detail, more context.

bulldawgborn

Cool vid. I switched to videos last year and have gotten some really cool footage that most likely would have been blurry or blank pics in still mode.

livetohunt

The owner of the dogs would say I can assure you my dogs don't ever chase deer, they are harmless. :rolleyes:

rosewood

bilgerat

Senior
a friend of mine thought he had coyotes killing his yard chickens , he hired a local trapper to get rid of them. the trapper caught 5 of his neighbors dogs in a week, no coyotes, one dogs owner lived 2 miles away

01Foreman400

Staff member
I run my videos even longer, especially over a trails and scrapes.

Covehnter

Are you all running black flash cameras? Does the red glow spook deer staying on? I know I could set the camera high and face downward but it doesn't seem like I would cover as much area with the trigger sensor.

Gut_Pile

Dave, every time I have put a camera on video mode at the regular hight deer have seen it. They look right at it and go to head bobbin. These are red glow cameras. Placing them up high and angling down does help, but you have to be more precise with aiming the camera.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Mine is set for 30 second video. I like it much better because you will get multiple angles of each deer as he moves around.

Killdee

Red glow cams will spook deer out of their skin at times and even more on video. Video is cool though and I have seen deer spook and run from another deer walking in, coons, and other critters.

ishootlittlebucks

When I first started using cams, I tried the video. I liked it , but what I was checking it with at the time had a hard time with videos. How do you check them in the field. I'm using an Ipad now. Does anybody know if that will that look at videos? I have to check them in the field.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Big fan of video over pictures

When I first started using cams, I tried the video. I liked it , but what I was checking it with at the time had a hard time with videos. How do you check them in the field. I'm using an Ipad now. Does anybody know if that will that look at videos? I have to check them in the field.

I am not a techy guy by nature, but I have some skill. I can't tell you the specs and technicals about what I do but it works. I have 12 Brownings 9 of the have black out flashes. I have two methods of checking in the field. I have a Apple Brand Card reader and a late model iPad Mini. It works. I also have a IPhone 6 series and it works too. The videos take up a lot of memory so sometimes you can't view 100% of the videos at one time. You gotta select the ones that look the best in the preview mode and then download. It will take about five minutes to download 30 videos. After I view them then I trade cards reload the camera if I like what I see and then I leave the camera in place if not then I move the camera. The other card goes home with me to view on my desk top with tons a of memory. Once you have viewed the card on your iPad/iPhone you gotta delete the videos from your device to make room for your next down load.

Someone asked about non blackout lens and video - yes deer will react to them, but I still get videos of nice bucks on IR only.

ishootlittlebucks

Just buy an extra card and switch the cards .....fast easy and less obtrusive

I have to check them in the field. I'm a doghunter. I like to track hunt as opposed to just casting them. The last couple years, the Forest Service has limerocked the roads (no tracks to find). We have went to using cameras and put on pics instead of tracks. While I like playing with cameras, I would trade them all to have dirt roads again.

ishootlittlebucks

I am not a techy guy by nature, but I have some skill. I can't tell you the specs and technicals about what I do but it works. I have 12 Brownings 9 of the have black out flashes. I have two methods of checking in the field. I have a Apple Brand Card reader and a late model iPad Mini. It works. I also have a IPhone 6 series and it works too. The videos take up a lot of memory so sometimes you can't view 100% of the videos at one time. You gotta select the ones that look the best in the preview mode and then download. It will take about five minutes to download 30 videos. After I view them then I trade cards reload the camera if I like what I see and then I leave the camera in place if not then I move the camera. The other card goes home with me to view on my desk top with tons a of memory. Once you have viewed the card on your iPad/iPhone you gotta delete the videos from your device to make room for your next down load.

Someone asked about non blackout lens and video - yes deer will react to them, but I still get videos of nice bucks on IR only.

That's pretty much the same setup I have. When I asked the question, they were all out. I pulled them yesterday and will try it. Thanks.