Fish bag for my kayak.

Tadpole23

I'm in need of a fish bag for my kayak to put kings Spanish or anything worth eating in. I have a ascend fs12t what would be a good option for a bag to go on the front of the yak?

Geffellz18

I just use an insulated bag that you would use grocery shopping. They are less than $10 and work just fine. Put in a bag of ice or a few freeze packs and your set. Plenty of space for medium sized fish under 30".

zeke392

look at Polar Bear Coolers. I bought one of their backpack coolers and use that on the front of my kayak and it works great. I have also stood it up behind my seat and use it that way. I have the 24 pack soft cooler too, have used it on the beach and in the kayak too. Great product and they are locally made too. www.polarbearcoolers.com

Coenen

look at Polar Bear Coolers. I bought one of their backpack coolers and use that on the front of my kayak and it works great. I have also stood it up behind my seat and use it that way. I have the 24 pack soft cooler too, have used it on the beach and in the kayak too. Great product and they are locally made too. www.polarbearcoolers.com
I've got a Polar Bear back pack as well, sort of hesitant about putting fish in it though. Are you using a liner bag, or just throwing them straight in? Are you doing anything special to keep it from getting "fishy"?

zeke392

drop them straight in. haven't had any problems yet, and I cleaned it out with a bleach cleaner and no fish smell. Use both of them all the time

zacherwalker

Ive only heard good things about the Magellan bag from Academy Sports - apparently same quality as some of the more expensive bags for half the price

Tadpole23

Well I went to academy and got one of their fish bags going to see how good it works

Tadpole23

49 dollars. It has the top opening that is good cause i can put it in the hull and put fush in thru the top

61BelAir

49 dollars. It has the top opening that is good cause i can put it in the hull and put fush in thru the top

So it fits down inside the hatch of the FS12T? If so that is great. Thanks for posting this question and to FishHawk for a good solution.

B. White

What little salt water fishing I have done with mine was in the bay at PSJ park or St. George. I bungied my 30 yr old playmate cooler behind me, since I had drinks in it anyway. I only kept what we could cook that night, and if it wouldn't fit in the cooler I'd paddle back and call my wife to come get it.

Tadpole23

Ok guys I tried out the fish bag from academy. I put 10 lbs of ice in it at 7am and I got off the water at dark. Half the ice had melted I had a good few fish and couple bags of fresh shrimp in there plus I opened the bag all the time to put fish in or get drinks out. So the low down on the bag. It works great I never would've thought it would hold ice all day in the sun being 95 out.

chriswkbrd

At that price, I'm definitely getting one, thanks for the update.

zacherwalker

At that price, I'm definitely getting one, thanks for the update.

agreed, 3rd person to tell me it worked beyond expected. This time with more detail.. definitely picking one up.

Tadpole, would you say the inside length would fit your average spanish or king mackerel?

Tadpole23

Big enough for good few Spanish medium size kings would fit but big kings tail would hang out